Kitchen garbage???? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-01-2007, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In my old house we had a really tall under sink cabinet so my tall garbage pail worked there, now we have moved and the cabinet/door to there is way shorter, plus it gets really hot under there when we run the dishwasher so I am thinking that the under sink cabinet is not gonne be for food. right now the garbage ends up being put under the island int he kitchen but then the baby starts to get into it so we end up putting it up on the side counter- a solution I am not really at all happy with.... : . there jsut seems to be no place logical to put this thing... only one wall has space for it but that wall has an electric heat register running it's whole length, so if I put the garbage there it will make it stick out inot the patch from the kitchen/dining room into the living room... i am kind of at a loss. I may end up just getting a small container and putting it under the sink, but like I said, that seems apretty lousy solution... I did consider having my dad take his router to the cabinet door and making a cool pattern of holes so it stayed cooler in there.... But still not sure...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2007, 04:38 PM

I have no solution but I can commisserate. We have ours currently on the top of the dishwasher that we have yet to install. It is the only place we can put it- otherwise our dogs get into it. I definitely want to get some sort of cabinet or something that we can put it in.

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
Old 06-01-2007, 04:42 PM

We put ours on the counter a bunch of times too, b/c of our toddler. We finally got one of the stainless ones with a foot pedal and lid, so it stays closed. It's been awesome.

WAHMama to Allen (2-10-05) and Alexa (6-27-08)

User Tag List