If you could only own one pair of warm-weather shoes... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 07-09-2007, 12:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiekat View Post
http://www.birkenstockusa.com/styles...ge=0&cat=women

i LOVE these -- i don't like traditional (the 2 strap) birks but these are perfect

I have the exact same pair - I wear them all the time. I have walked for a couple of hours, too. I LOVE them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 42 Old 07-09-2007, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaGoat View Post
I love my Birkenstocks. I wear them all the time. I know the cost is a little higher than flip flops but I think they are worth it. Shoes must be comfortable.
:

I've been wearing the same pair of Birkenstocks Spring, Summer and Fall for the last 8 years. They are my fav!!
#33 of 42 Old 07-09-2007, 12:56 AM

I'm sorry...did you say *one* pair of shoes? I can't do it. I'm all for no clutter but I can not give up my shoes.
#34 of 42 Old 07-09-2007, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past_VNE View Post
Did you mean they run pretty small? I tried on Keens in three locations (don't ask) before I bought mine and they all warned me that they run 1/2 to 1 size small. I ended up buying a 9.5 pair of Keens and I normally wear an 8.5 or maybe, maybe a 9.

On Zappos, too, everyone talks about them running really small.

Hmmm...I actually thought I wear an 8, but had to buy a 7. How odd. Maybe I have been wearing my shoes too big. At any rate, I think the lesson here would be to try Keens on before odering online.
#35 of 42 Old 07-09-2007, 09:45 PM

I have a pair of Chaco flip flops that are great and comfy. I wear them all the time. I have these, but they come in other colors. They actually have arch support, so they are so much better than the cheapo flip flops I used to buy!

I also have some dressier Born sandals that are really comfy and cute. I often find them at Nordstrom Rack for a reasonable price if you have one close.

mama to two sweet girliesdust.gifhearts.gifrainbow1284.gif 
#36 of 42 Old 07-09-2007, 11:11 PM

I live in my chacos. I got the dipthong and they are my favorite shoes.
#37 of 42 Old 07-10-2007, 09:13 AM

I have a pair of Betula sandals that I wear everyday - they are a Birks brand that sells cheaper at places like Sam's. I've had them for three years and they are still going strong - very comfy and they go with everything.

I'm currently looking for some Crocs or knock-offs as well. My son has a pair from Rack Room Shoes that look and feel just like the real thing.
#38 of 42 Old 07-10-2007, 09:56 AM

I live in my Birkenstocks all summer long. I get the style with the two straps across the top of my feet, and one across the back, I can't stand having my feet flop around in my shoes.

For me, Birks take a while to be comfortable, but once they are, omg, heaven. BTW, I just had to buy a new pair because the ones that I bought my junior year of high school just got worn out. I am now 26.

Rebecca, CPST, Navy wife to Chris, furmama to Fenway
#39 of 42 Old 07-10-2007, 10:23 AM

I usually wear Birk sandals but this year got a pair of Chacos. I'm sold on them now. They are the most comfortable of any sandals I've ever worn. They are expensive but will last for years.
#40 of 42 Old 07-10-2007, 10:25 AM

One pair... that's hard!!

I have a strappy pair of black Dansko sandals that I love and wear with almost everything. I agree with Chacos too; I have a pair that I wear when I'm not wearing the Danskos. And for brown, I have a pair of Merrell mary janes that are probably the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. I can walk miles in those...
#41 of 42 Old 07-10-2007, 10:41 AM

First of all, I'm not sure I can wrap my brain around the phrase "only one pair of shoes". (bad consumerist! Bad!) But ok, what I wear most is my Crocs. Yeah, they're kind of ugly, but sooo comfortable. And they dry really fast when they get wet, and I've never noticed them getting stinky. I personally wear the original clog-style, because the ankle strap makes a big difference for me when walking long distances, but they've definitely made some cuter styles lately.

I have a pair of Betulas too, and while they're very comfy normally, if they get wet...ewwwwww. They just feel all slimy and take forever to dry.
#42 of 42 Old 07-10-2007, 11:36 AM

Do any of these run wide? I have really wide feet and love shoes.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page