84 sq ft house! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 07-26-2007, 10:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's the video clip from the news broadcast....

http://tinyurl.com/2mdz3x

I'm actually from Olympia originally. I'm surprised more people in that town aren't doing something like that. LOL

loving a small homestead with DH and DS (12/2005) keeping it natural, frugal and back to basics :
#32 of 41 Old 07-27-2007, 07:34 PM

That is just what I need. My house is like a pocketbook- the bigger it is, the more crap I stuff into it. The smaller it is, the more organized I am!

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#33 of 41 Old 07-27-2007, 09:03 PM

I loved that! Thanks!
#34 of 41 Old 09-16-2007, 08:48 AM

Oh this is SO awesome!

Erika SO to *S*: and Aunt to *A*(10), *Z*(9), and *D*(8)
#35 of 41 Old 09-17-2007, 03:09 AM

Makes my 750 sq ft apartment feel like a chateau

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#36 of 41 Old 09-17-2007, 06:20 PM

Wow, that is amazing! I'm with the PP, my whole body relaxes when I think about having that kind of life. I would totally do it if I was single with no kids.
#37 of 41 Old 09-18-2007, 11:50 AM

I would love that. We have an OLD camper/trailer from my grandparents that is 15'x7' and the 5 of us live comfortably in it when we go on our weeklong camping trips. We do all of our cooking outside even though there is a stove. Of course, we really only use the camper for when we're sleeping or if it's raining. I think that if there is enough outside space, this is totally doable with a family. Would I give up my house at this point in my life? Probably not. But I love going camping and realizing exactly how much stuff we don't need and then purging when we get home.
#38 of 41 Old 09-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Banned

this is very cool. i love those tumbleweed designs. they're adorable. i do love that 'glass house' structure particularly. it's really beautiful.

sometimes, i dream about getting a plot of land and putting one of these tiny houses on it. i talked to my husband about it a couple of times, and he's not really into having something so small.

but the reason is really sad. his mother grew up very ashamed of her 1,100 square foot home, always feeling inadequate because it was so small. she got it as a gift from her father (she was born in that house), and it's a pretty little home. so, he inherited that shame about having a small house.

when i look at these houses, i see possibility. i love the idea of simplicity and i'm getting closer and closer to living more simply. we're decluttering more and more, and i am hoping that we can move toward even more simplicity (according to our firends, we live 'too simply!'). we've agreed to utilize the library rather than buying books, for example, and we're doing a lot of recycling--buying used instead of new as much as we can.

i don't think i can convince him to move away from the shame of a small space. i love that glass house particularly, and we've long talked about living 'in the japanese' style--which means having small, multi-purpose, clean spaces and no clutter!

i feel like our lives are the antithesis of that! ah well. these types of things help me dream!
#39 of 41 Old 09-18-2007, 02:35 PM

Oh, I am in love with that house!

We rented a 600 sq.foot cabin on our summer vacation and I realized that would be ample space if our family of 3 ever wanted to downsize. Or if we needed to--if something happened to DH (FSM forbid), I'd be considering those options.

She really does have it decorated beautifully.
#40 of 41 Old 09-18-2007, 02:53 PM
Banned

true! whenever my husband and i stay in DK, we always stay in a little place. i see how 'doable' it is, if you're willing to do it.
#41 of 41 Old 09-18-2007, 03:15 PM

I'd love to live that simply!!

Susan- Vegetarian Single Mom to 9 year old twins!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page