My house will never be messy again - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 49 Old 08-16-2007, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
glad to hear you kiddo is okay! How scary!

For your cats, maybe you can get them proffessionally groomed while you're at the whole house cleansing? They can wash, clip, and dip them and most places don't charge too much. We had one very ornery cat that wouldn't let us brush her and she was soooo hairy. It sounds weird, but she actually really liked to go to the groomer and get shaved. The shave would last about 3-4 mos. The amount of cat hair it saved me from sweeping up was totally worth it! Just a thought!
#32 of 49 Old 08-16-2007, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittynurse View Post
AngelBee - thank you SO much for the support. I don't have the official numbers yet but I'm pretty sure I will score in the severe category. It is incredible how good it feels to know that I'm not actually just a huge screwup who messes up everything she touches. I just want to scream it to the world sometimes that I'm not being a pain on purpose, I really can't do what you're asking of me. We are thinking of sending DS1 to preschool this Fall and a huge stumbling block for me has been the fact that the parents need to volunteer. The thought fills me with dread.

I tend to be a fairly low-key Christian but yesterday I felt like climbing to the top of our church's highest steeple and singing God's praises to anyone who would listen! And our church is a huge, Catholic cathedral-type on top of a hill that can be seen for miles around. There is actually a bylaw in our city that no buildings are allowed to be built that would obstruct the view of the church. That's a big church!

We can do it, I know we can!

Honestly....I homeschool because of how hard it wa sfor me in school. I never missed, was a cheerleader, in dance team, newspaper, yearbook, peer helpers, danced 30 some hours a week at a studio......and was failing out of high school.

I CONSTANTLY got the "If you only applied yourself....." I even asked a counciler to test me for learning disabilities. He said I was just unmotivated and lazy

Most of my teachers told my mom to pull me from dance. Thank God she didn't listen! That was my lifeboat (besides the Lord) at the time. I now own a dance academy and am able to share my love of dance with hundreds of children in the very community that I grew up in. Now those same educators who held me down are praising what I am doing for their students now.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#33 of 49 Old 08-16-2007, 12:54 PM

kittynurse and Angelbee- we need to start a mama's with ADHD tribe. My house is terribly cluttered- I have awful time managment skills and am constantly stressed out because I can't seem to get it together! ADHD is awful- I also have an terrible memory.
kittynurse - I am glad your ds is ok!
#34 of 49 Old 08-18-2007, 03:52 PM

let me know if you all get that tribe together....i'll be in.
this is all me to a T.
#35 of 49 Old 08-18-2007, 05:28 PM

How scary! I'm glad he was okay.

Lauren
Mama to one awesome little girl and her adorable baby brother.
#36 of 49 Old 08-18-2007, 06:16 PM

I'm glad your little one is ok!
Good for you for taking such fast action to change your home environment- I know it's not easy, but you'll feel so much better

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#37 of 49 Old 08-18-2007, 10:34 PM

What a relief that your baby was ok! I can totally see the same thing happening in our house. It's not horribly messy but there is definitely junk everywhere. It's so hard to keep the house clean when you have kids.
#38 of 49 Old 08-18-2007, 10:38 PM

I would be down for a tribe.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#39 of 49 Old 08-20-2007, 02:53 PM

just read your post...thank you so much for takign the time to share! dd is 7 mo but crawling all over the house and putting everything in her mouth. we just moved in and are painting all the doors, and i have been lazy about finishing and putting them back up...she love sto go through all the closets. but, no more! i am going right now to paint, hang the doors and clean up all choking hazards!! Thanks again mama!

amanda... lovin' my dh since 2004 and mama to dd (3), ds (18 months) and expecting someone new Oct 2010.
#40 of 49 Old 08-20-2007, 06:16 PM

I'm so glad that he's okay. Babies get into things even in very well organized and clean homes but I'm glad you are making a change for the better.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#41 of 49 Old 08-20-2007, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolar2 View Post
Could I make a suggestion? Can you afford at all, even as a one-time thing, a housekeeper or professional organizer? It sounds as though you need to get this done FAST and that would speed up the process.
I need a professional organizer too! I am doing my best but my best isnt good enough right now-it seems like everywhere I look there is crap-on the microwave, on the counter, on the floor, in a big bowl on the counter, etc etc.

How do you find a professional organizeR?
#42 of 49 Old 08-20-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by transformed View Post
I need a professional organizer too! I am doing my best but my best isnt good enough right now-it seems like everywhere I look there is crap-on the microwave, on the counter, on the floor, in a big bowl on the counter, etc etc.

How do you find a professional organizeR?
http://www.association-office.com/na...rral/index.cfm
#43 of 49 Old 08-20-2007, 11:20 PM

I'm glad your little one is okay. We knew a family whose child did die because she bit a balloon and it blocked her airway while she was asleep. That was when I was a teenager, but I'm still paranoid about that happening!

I'm also glad to see that someone else struggles with the cat issue. We also have a child who may be better served by finding new homes for the cats. Like yours, one is special needs, and we feel it would be next to impossible to find a good home for her. We've debated this issue (with all of the uninvited opinions of family being that we should get rid of them), but making that decision is horribly painful.

It's us: DH , DS ; DD ; and me . Also there's the . And the 3 . I . Oh, and .
#44 of 49 Old 08-21-2007, 02:29 AM

Martha- I'm so glad to hear you're motivated to get your house in order. I had a very similar thing happen. I've always been a little careless when it comes to housecleaning. Sometimes if there's a mess I don't really "see" it because I've got my mind thinking. So when my son was about 9 mos. (I think, he might've been younger) he started to choke on a piece of plastic wrap that had come off a snack size package of cheese crackers. He was on the floor on his tummy and I thought he was completely safe but somehow there was that tiny piece of trash and it caused such a scare! He didn't turn red or anything but it scared me so much I immediately started to clean my house too. I'm much better at cleaning regularly and keeping my house clean. I sweep my kitchen/dinning floor at least once a day and I vacuum the area rugs and sofas regularly. With little ones you really learn to be mindful for their safety. I hope you can continue to make progress.

Awesome SAHM to 5-yr-old son,3-yr-old girl and a baby girl. Blog about my home http://azaleastudio.blogspot.com
#45 of 49 Old 08-21-2007, 02:35 AM

I'm so glad your little one is okay! That must have been so scary . I'm with the rest of you ladies, tomorrow my messy house is getting cleaned!

Reneé, 33 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 nocirc.gif and Arianna 9/06 gd.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 blowkiss.gif.  TTC a little rainbow rainbow1284.gifchartnew.gif http://www.FertilityFriend.com/home/4e4ac9 Currently in the 2WW 
#46 of 49 Old 08-21-2007, 10:46 AM

I'm so glad your babe is OK.

I'd like to make a suggestion (maybe someone already has).

If you hire a house cleaner/organizer and you get decluttered, keeping on top of the cat hair and dust mites will be easier. Do you have a good vacuum? Having a well designed vacuum will help you out tremendously. It makes cleaning easier. Of course, if you don't have carpeting (even better) then this is not necessary. I have a good vacuum and it makes all the difference in my attitude towards cleaning. It helps with my seasonal allergies too.

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
#47 of 49 Old 08-21-2007, 10:48 AM

Praise God, he is okay.

I am so glad you can turn this around and make something positive for your family with it.

Blessings!

Mama to A 8/05 and S 11/06
#48 of 49 Old 08-22-2007, 06:52 PM

I'm glad your babe is ok. Sending you some cleaning energy!
#49 of 49 Old 08-22-2007, 08:58 PM

Oh, I'm so glad he's okay! Hugs to both of you. Good luck with the decluttering.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page