Trophies etc. (Decluttering) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-23-2007, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,

DH and I are both packrats. But I have a bit of an organizer's tendency, so I do purge periodically. Har ....

Anyway - as we are trying to get through items we had stored in the garage, I found a box of old trophies which I had already purged once (it was all those cheap plastic "metal" trophies I'd won in high school and college speech tourneys); at this point, it's mostly wooden plaques and a few trophies. They are nice enough plaques - and I'm proud of the awards (things like Citizenship Award from my high school etc.) - but it's a long time ago and it's not like I've a wall I'd ever want to hang them on.

What do you all do with things like these? If they were certificates, I could put them in my "scrapbook later" box - but they're obviously too heavy for a scrapbook. I could see something like these being meaningful to a child or grandchild at some point .... but we don't live in a big house and I don't see a reason (or space!) to keep them.

My inclination is to take pictures of them and put *those* in the scrapbook box. BUT, then what do I do with the plaques themselves? And the few plastic/metal trophies in there too? Is there a place to recycle things like this?? (I'd ask the local trophy shop but they might be offended - surely they know that most people don't keep these trophies, don't they??)

Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome!

Not all who wander are lost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 08-23-2007, 11:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know about recycling, but why not hang some of the plaques? I recently made DH purge his trophy stash and only keep the trophies and plaques that mean something to him. I don't think I'm going to hang or display anything until we actually have our own house, complete with home office, as I really can't think of any place other than that where I'd like to put them, but at least I've pared down the collection.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page