stuffed animals - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-01-2007, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ugh. DD (28 months) has tons of stuffed animals dating back to her birth that she never, never plays with. Some of them are very nice quality, but they are not used. I'm going to bring them to the thrift, I guess. Do you think I'll have any regrets? Should I keep them to regift?
#2 of 5 Old 09-01-2007, 03:30 PM

Take 'em to the thrift store. If you regift them, there is always the danger of your daughter suddenly recognizing them. My son can ignore something for MONTHS, but if he sees it in a give away bag it is suddenly his favorite thing, ever.

Besides, then it becomes someone elses problem, KWIM? Very few parents are saying to themselves, "You know, little Susie really could use a few more stuffed animals!"

If you can't think of a reason to keep it (ie. someone special gave it to them, it is their frirst teddy bear, or first gift received after birth), get rid of it. I don't think you will have any regrets. I have purged stuffed animals several times, and Dylan still has so many to play with that I don't think he has noticed. There are a very few that he has a real attachment to, and the rest are usually background noise.
#3 of 5 Old 09-01-2007, 03:30 PM

I would keep maybe 5 and donate the rest. MY DS never played with his stuffed animals because he had such an overwhelming amount. We donated all but his favorite 5 and now he plays with them all the time.

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" --Leonardo Da Vinci
 blogging.jpg  780/2014 decluttered

#4 of 5 Old 09-01-2007, 05:10 PM

Just get rid of them. I think few kids ever play with stuffed animals. DS just likes to play with his Cabbage Patch doll because he can pretend feed it and change his clothes and diaper. But he almost never touches his stuffed animals. I want to get rid of ours too but all we have is just one little basket full of them on a shelf. I'm always telling people not to give us stuffed animals because our dog will tear it up, which is sort of true. But in reality I just don't want a bunch of stuffed animals. You should just keep 1-3 that are special or cute.

Awesome SAHM to 5-yr-old son,3-yr-old girl and a baby girl. Blog about my home http://azaleastudio.blogspot.com
#5 of 5 Old 09-02-2007, 05:23 AM

i'd say donate them. Unless you need a gift in the near future or have in mind who u may give one to, then you may as well get rid of those dust mite habitats.

::

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page