Post pics of your clean, clear space - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 1163 Old 05-16-2008, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemelos View Post
Beautiful homes, everyone! Mine is decluttered, but still has the 80's decor that we plan on updating one day. These are pictures we took last year when we had our house up for sale, but we decided to stay=
GORGEOUS!!! Now THAT is the clutter free look that I aspire to achieve some day. I don't know if it is possible in such a small house but I am trying my darndest. I love your home, it's beautiful!

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#362 of 1163 Old 05-16-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaney21 View Post
Here is a link to pictures:
My Clean House!
Quote:
Beautiful homes, everyone! Mine is decluttered, but still has the 80's decor that we plan on updating one day. These are pictures we took last year when we had our house up for sale, but we decided to stay.
Awesome pics, ladies! I love both of your clean, clear spaces.
#363 of 1163 Old 05-16-2008, 10:45 AM

This is our space!

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...ese_folks.html

and

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ny/s...-studio-050441

Happy with my DH, 2 kids, dog, fish, and frogs
#364 of 1163 Old 05-16-2008, 10:59 AM

That's AWESOME! I love your apartment. So clean, uncluttered and everything is perfectly positioned and utilitarian. Well done!

Mother. Doula. Writer. Feminist. Activist. 
Mum to Moo Moo (4) blahblah.gifand EJ (2) bftoddler.gif

#365 of 1163 Old 05-16-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Mine is decluttered, but still has the 80's decor that we plan on updating one day.
I was totally expecting tons of mauve, sea foam green and black pleather furniture. You're a nut -- the house looks GREAT!
#366 of 1163 Old 05-16-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Beautiful homes, everyone! Mine is decluttered, but still has the 80's decor that we plan on updating one day. These are pictures we took last year when we had our house up for sale, but we decided to stay.
I love it!

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#367 of 1163 Old 05-16-2008, 02:08 PM

What a great thread. The homes are just gorgeous. I'll post mine later this weekend!

afro.jpg
#368 of 1163 Old 05-16-2008, 02:44 PM

I have been reading this thread off and on, in a very hit and miss kind of way...you know, just picking a page number and looking at links.

Well, today I sat down and read the WHOLE thread!

WONDERFUL pictures and thank you all so much for sharing!

I have been working on decluttering for over a year now ( again...I still can't seem to get it right!)

It has been very, very slow going for me, but I am not giving up!

Thanks for the inspiration!

TB

P.S. We are dealing with leftover '80s decor from previous owners ( a lot of blue and pink) and I will be so glad when we can finally update it all...I have some allergy/sensitivity issues, so painting/papering/remodelling have to be done slowly and carefully. For now, we just deal with.

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
#369 of 1163 Old 05-16-2008, 05:02 PM

Thanks everyone who said my home doesn't look 80's! We have carpet almost everywhere, including blue carpet in our kitchen! Also, the light fixtures are very dated. We painted the walls to distract from the carpet. The basement also has pink flowered wallpaper and red carpet-who thought of that combination? I do love the layout of our home very much-I just can't wait to update a few things.

Blessed mama of four
::
#370 of 1163 Old 05-16-2008, 05:02 PM

Delaney 21, I LOVE your house!! Beautiful.

Blessed mama of four
::
#371 of 1163 Old 05-16-2008, 05:04 PM

I can't wait till we move and I can show off our new house which WILL be a clean clear space! (right now, not so much, too much slowly-packing chaos, bummer!)

I am loving everyone's recent entries, I love to peek into the homes of others and see what's going on.
#372 of 1163 Old 05-21-2008, 05:30 PM

I'll post pics soon, but since we only moved in about 2 weeks ago, it still looks a bit bare

Sgt. Renninger, Ofc. Owens, Ofc. Griswold, Ofc. Richards, Deputy Mundell
Gone but not fogotten.
#373 of 1163 Old 05-21-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinybutterfly View Post
I have some allergy/sensitivity issues, so painting/papering/remodelling have to be done slowly and carefully. For now, we just deal with.

Same here, I have a lot of allergies & sensitivities too, so when we do get around to remodeling I have to be really careful. When we bought our home, we were happy that the rugs were old, and not much updating had been done, although I do get itchy to do things when I see all these modernized homes. On the other hand, this is one of the reasons I need to get the cleaning & decluttering done... too many allergens & soooo much to go through when cleaning. But, I also get tired quickly due to my problems so it's taking me longer then I had anticipated... much MUCH longer!
Not to mention my ankle is in a cast for 4 weeks, so I'm pretty depressed on the limited amount of stuff I can get done I can't wait until these 4 weeks are up so I can get movin! In the meantime I just keep looking here for inspiration

You girls are wonderful, keep on postin'
#374 of 1163 Old 05-21-2008, 11:28 PM

This thread is one of my favorites and so inspiring!!

Mama to DS 10/04, DD 12/06, and DD 11/09 my baby
Missing DS 10/08
#375 of 1163 Old 05-22-2008, 01:10 AM

i've posted a few more pictures. i've accomplished a lot in the last few days, but none of it is ready yet! i hope to finish the changes in our family bathroom tomorrow. i've been clearing out our storage closet to other parts of the house, to simplify the structure of it.

#376 of 1163 Old 05-22-2008, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artparent View Post
i've posted a few more pictures. i've accomplished a lot in the last few days, but none of it is ready yet! i hope to finish the changes in our family bathroom tomorrow. i've been clearing out our storage closet to other parts of the house, to simplify the structure of it.

Lovely! Really, really lovely! You should be very proud...it reminds me of pictures from Real Simple or a similar magazine.

I especially like that you've done it simply, but stylishly, and it seems very artfully done as well. It looks like a professional interior designer did it!
#377 of 1163 Old 05-22-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Looks great -- I especially love the tulips in your garden
#378 of 1163 Old 05-22-2008, 11:53 AM

i am DYING of jealousy!! i want my house to look like that!! my my DF is a freaking PACK-RAT. and i can't just throw his stuff away without his consent...can i?!?! lol
#379 of 1163 Old 05-22-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatblondegirl View Post
i am DYING of jealousy!! i want my house to look like that!! my my DF is a freaking PACK-RAT. and i can't just throw his stuff away without his consent...can i?!?! lol
I've wondered the same thing. DH keeps so much junk. And even when he does clean things up a bit, it's still cluttered. Most of it is useless, too. Maybe I should start a thread of pictures of our spouses/partner's clutter. We could start a support group. That probably wouldn't be as inspiring, though.
#380 of 1163 Old 05-22-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Flower View Post
I've wondered the same thing. DH keeps so much junk. And even when he does clean things up a bit, it's still cluttered. Most of it is useless, too. Maybe I should start a thread of pictures of our spouses/partner's clutter. We could start a support group. That probably wouldn't be as inspiring, though.
HAHA!! it could be inspiring...to keep the house clean!
#381 of 1163 Old 05-22-2008, 12:31 PM

thanks mamas. i actually do live with a collector too - you haven't seen my whole place yet!! my advice at this point, after years of trying to work it all out, is to see if you can categorise what they keep, and then gently see if there are any they might relinquish...are all of these important? could we make space for new ones by letting go of some old ones? sometimes it is influential if you could *sell* off some old stuff to provide money for new. usually not . then once you've categorised it, think about how to contain it, and where, something that will work for everyone. i am blessed in that books and discs and magazines are very organisable. still, they do take up a lot of space!! i declutter a lot, and i also rotate things out a lot, living in a small space - i have become ruthless about rotating clothes seasonally, and toys.

i do think that i am at the end of the spectrum that gets rid of *everything* - i'm not sentimental about much. whereas there are folks who are sentimental about *everything* and i think that sometimes there are other things going on where people can't let go.

it has been a long and bumpy road, though! not ever over, either - i had our place totally decluttered 3 years ago, and it really worked back up again, especially with increasing stuff here for business. i'm wrangling that right now.

not an expert! just had some success lately. thanks for your comments.

#382 of 1163 Old 05-22-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:

Droooool...
LOVE your space! A few of the spaces in this thread have given me major envy (in a good way, people!) and yours is one of them. Aren't you honored?

Also, what color is that blue/purple paint on the wall looking onto your kitchen? It is one of the colors I have been fantisizing about for when we paint...
#383 of 1163 Old 05-22-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
thanks mamas. i actually do live with a collector too - you haven't seen my whole place yet!! my advice at this point, after years of trying to work it all out, is to see if you can categorise what they keep, and then gently see if there are any they might relinquish...are all of these important? could we make space for new ones by letting go of some old ones? sometimes it is influential if you could *sell* off some old stuff to provide money for new. usually not . then once you've categorised it, think about how to contain it, and where, something that will work for everyone. i am blessed in that books and discs and magazines are very organisable. still, they do take up a lot of space!! i declutter a lot, and i also rotate things out a lot, living in a small space - i have become ruthless about rotating clothes seasonally, and toys.

i do think that i am at the end of the spectrum that gets rid of *everything* - i'm not sentimental about much. whereas there are folks who are sentimental about *everything* and i think that sometimes there are other things going on where people can't let go.

it has been a long and bumpy road, though! not ever over, either - i had our place totally decluttered 3 years ago, and it really worked back up again, especially with increasing stuff here for business. i'm wrangling that right now.

not an expert! just had some success lately. thanks for your comments.

Really?

Whoa. I would never have guessed. This is really amazing, and gives me hope! Thank you for posting this.
#384 of 1163 Old 05-22-2008, 03:42 PM

artparent, your space is absolutely lovely. thank you so much for sharing- what an inspiration!

i keep thinking that plain white walls are boring, but looking at your home makes me re-think that- all of your rooms look so clean and well put-together.

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

#385 of 1163 Old 05-22-2008, 06:32 PM

thank you!

yes, that blue wall is just evening shadow/photography. the walls in the main areas are all a matte, bright white...nothing in it at all. i actually had them painted blue, and woke up in terror and stopped the painters, went to see it, sure enough, it was AWFUL. in a small space like ours, there's just all these weird patches of colour, broken space, whereas with white (which my smart partner was rooting for) the whole place just fills with light and with the white ceiling it just opens right up. although i grew up longing for white trim with a good coloured wall - it just doesn't work here. i find that it allows me to see the other things in the room better, and i can always change those things up.

really, i have the storage closet from hell - but i'm working on it. and i can't focus on my art practice these days so i end up brooding about the flat. i'm glad to hear it is working! thanks for inspiring me to do some more

#386 of 1163 Old 05-22-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
thank you!

yes, that blue wall is just evening shadow/photography. the walls in the main areas are all a matte, bright white...nothing in it at all. i actually had them painted blue, and woke up in terror and stopped the painters, went to see it, sure enough, it was AWFUL. in a small space like ours, there's just all these weird patches of colour, broken space, whereas with white (which my smart partner was rooting for) the whole place just fills with light and with the white ceiling it just opens right up. although i grew up longing for white trim with a good coloured wall - it just doesn't work here. i find that it allows me to see the other things in the room better, and i can always change those things up.

really, i have the storage closet from hell - but i'm working on it. and i can't focus on my art practice these days so i end up brooding about the flat. i'm glad to hear it is working! thanks for inspiring me to do some more

Are you in Europe? I don't hear people call it a flat usually unless they live in Europe. It's a wonderful space! I agree with the white walls. I used to like color accents for the same reason as you stated, but I've since changed my mind.

You really did a nice job. Very clean lines.
#387 of 1163 Old 05-22-2008, 09:56 PM

atparent, your home is beautiful. I can't wait for more pictures of the rest of the house.
#388 of 1163 Old 05-22-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
i've posted a few more pictures.

sharing life with | 9.5 yo ds | 7 yo dd | love of my life new husband

#389 of 1163 Old 05-23-2008, 01:05 AM

shucks

okay, i finished the bathroom and photographed my laundry...closet.

ah, flat! - my partner is english. it's infectious.

#390 of 1163 Old 05-23-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:
shucks

okay, i finished the bathroom and photographed my laundry...closet.

ah, flat! - my partner is english. it's infectious.

I love the way many Europeans speak...it's so charming to me. I love the terminology and phrasing, across countries.

Tags
Mrs Meyers Cleaning Day , Unica Household Products

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page