Post pics of your clean, clear space - Page 33 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#961 of 1163 Old 05-17-2011, 09:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Seredipity, congrats on your light home. It feels very clear and calm. I am inspired by your minimalism. I really think you have achieved a balance of clutter-free yet charming and homey. I really love the blanket on your bed - minimalist yet intriguing details!

I aspire to get my home to be something like this one day (right now we are nowhere close!) I really think that it could benefit my son's childhood to just have a few beautiful things in our home, with lots of open spaces and plants. :) Just an ideal I have in my head.

Mothering my sweet preschool boy luxlove.gif and my new arrival bfinfant.gif

#962 of 1163 Old 05-17-2011, 09:50 PM

edited

#963 of 1163 Old 05-18-2011, 05:34 AM

LOVE!!!!!!

#964 of 1163 Old 05-18-2011, 05:42 AM

treeoflife3 I love your place... its so open and airy feeling. Very cool that you built your own bed!

OT but how does your DD like the Plan Toys trike? I'm trying to decide between that one and a Schwinn 

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

#965 of 1163 Old 05-18-2011, 06:55 AM

Thanks <3

she'd like the trike probably if she could figure out pedaling.  She has me push her on it right now but she just can't seem to figure out how to keep pushing forward and down to move on her own haha.. so then she usually just grabs a ball and runs off instead.  She is only just turned 2 though so there's still time to figure it out yet.

#966 of 1163 Old 05-18-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngspiritmom View Post

Seredipity, congrats on your light home. It feels very clear and calm. I am inspired by your minimalism. I really think you have achieved a balance of clutter-free yet charming and homey. I really love the blanket on your bed - minimalist yet intriguing details!

I aspire to get my home to be something like this one day (right now we are nowhere close!) I really think that it could benefit my son's childhood to just have a few beautiful things in our home, with lots of open spaces and plants. :) Just an ideal I have in my head.

Thank you! I think the color adds a lot, I will be sad when we move and go back to plain white walls. I LOVE color but I'm always tempted to over-decorate if I have white walls.

More plants is something I really want. I'm trying to figure out how to do that because with a cat and a dog, the plants can't be on the floor. But, I don't want to add any shelving so that leaves hanging plants but it seems they'd have to be right in front of the window. Something I'm definitely trying to work on and save money for.

blogging.jpg 
#967 of 1163 Old 05-18-2011, 03:56 PM

Love your place treeoflife3, especially the kitchen and porch. I really hope to find a house with an extra room like that to free of space in the kids rooms. 

blogging.jpg 
#968 of 1163 Old 05-18-2011, 07:46 PM

Thank you Serendipity.  Those are my favorites too.  We were REALLY lucky to find the home too.  our realtor was flipping it with her husband and it matched our wants for a house so she offered to let us look although they weren't done yet.  We fell in love.  We kept checking other places but this was it for us.  We got to help make some decisions though while they finished the flipping <3  We are selling it now though to move back home to another state... I'm so sad about it :(

#969 of 1163 Old 05-21-2011, 12:24 PM

Serendipity: I agree with the others, your home is lovely, clutter-free and homey, and it looks like it's easy to breath there!

treeoflife3: I LOVE the bed you made, I'm impressed! Also your home is super clutter free, way to go!

#970 of 1163 Old 05-21-2011, 02:23 PM

Finally took some kitchen pics today. I don't get good light in there so there a bit dark, and the colors are kinda off.

004.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

I considered asking the boy and dog to move, but figured it added authenticity. :-D

blogging.jpg 
#971 of 1163 Old 05-21-2011, 03:04 PM

Love your color and LOVE your dog!

#972 of 1163 Old 05-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Banned

I love the open shelving in the kitchen. If we had Ikea here, I'd do that right away easy as. But since we don't (nearest one is Australia), I'm having floating shelves made by a friend of mine. It will hold dishes, and foodstuffs (in my jars, like you have), and spices. Easy done. :D And I love the look.

#973 of 1163 Old 05-22-2011, 08:10 AM

I love your little desk/table in the kitchen. Where did you find it? Did you make it?

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#974 of 1163 Old 05-22-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

Love your color and LOVE your dog!

Thanks! The colors never came out how I wanted them too but I'm happy with them overall. Our dog is a 7 month old German Shepard/Yellow Lab. She's gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post

I love the open shelving in the kitchen. If we had Ikea here, I'd do that right away easy as. But since we don't (nearest one is Australia), I'm having floating shelves made by a friend of mine. It will hold dishes, and foodstuffs (in my jars, like you have), and spices. Easy done. :D And I love the look.

When we tore the cabinets down I knew I wanted open shelving. It made the room SO much bigger. After 1.5 years with them though I'm kind of on the fence on if I'd do it again. They get SO dusty, SO fast. The reason there is open space on the right side is because there's a lot I don't want to put on there for it to get dusty. Plus with the placement, I can't reach everything I use frequently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post

I love your little desk/table in the kitchen. Where did you find it? Did you make it?

I got it from my MIL actually and I'm not sure where she got it. I've seen similar ones at IKEA though. I love it as a minimal computer table.

blogging.jpg 
#975 of 1163 Old 05-22-2011, 11:37 PM

Serendipity I love those pics..your place looks great.

What I love, is that you have a nice balance, it doesn't look stark and empty, just warm and relaxed and comfortable and neat.

SAHM to three
#976 of 1163 Old 05-24-2011, 03:02 PM

I love this forum (and decluttering/simplifying) and I need to start posting more. This thread inspire me to take some pics of the very few spaces in our house that are fairly uncluttered and are also my favourite rooms.

First, mine and dh's room:

P1100404.jpg

I am not good at "bed dressing"!

P1100405.jpgP1100406.jpg

The hamper in the corner holds extra linens.

P1100408.jpg

The bathroom - our one and only!

P1100409.jpg

P1100410.jpgP1100411.jpg

P1100413.jpg

The upstairs hall. The door to the left is ds's room (notice there's no pictures of THAT room!) Our room is across from it and to the immediate right is the bathroom.

P1100414.jpg

That door is our third bedroom...where dh keeps his clothes since there isn't enough room in the closet in our room. It is the messiest room in the house - I only go in when I have to!

Allison, mom to ds born May 2002
#977 of 1163 Old 06-01-2011, 12:43 AM

Katie cat, I love your accessories, plants, and colors! I would love to visit a home like this :)

#978 of 1163 Old 06-12-2011, 01:50 PM

Subby...

#979 of 1163 Old 06-18-2011, 06:07 PM

Serindipity, where did you get those two beautiful winter blankets? 

#980 of 1163 Old 07-01-2011, 06:02 AM

I had a sudden inspiration to go take a few pictures of the bathroom. The light is lousy but can't help it. So, it's tiny and a bit cruddy, FIL put the cabinet on top of the toilet seat which is super annoying....The tiles are pale grey "marble"-pattern, I guess they could be worse..

On the left is the washing machine and on top of it two black plastic baskets that hold extra tp, bath toys, cleaning supplies, wet wipes. The shower curtain is organic cotton in natural white/grey stripe. One of our extremely few decorative items, the swimsuit dude, is on top of the cabinet. Inside the cabinet is our bathroom stuff.. the bottom shelf is a bit messy, I didn't clean up for these photos. There is a couple of items that should go.. The vintage porcelain cup is a family heirloom and holds hair clips and elastics. My only perfume next to it, that I never use.. Shampoo and conditioner are inside the shower. DD's step stools under the sink, and her potty (light green) is outside of the picture on the right of the door. The towels hang on the right, you can see them in the cabinet mirror. We have natural colored ones and ones with yellow and orange stripes, and DH has a light green one as well, which are a nice pop of color. Ideally I'd love linen bath sheets, maybe one day :)

IMG_1712.JPGIMG_1715.JPGIMG_1716.JPGIMG_1719.JPGIMG_1717.JPGIMG_1718.JPG

#981 of 1163 Old 07-01-2011, 09:13 AM

I am finding such great inspiration...  

#982 of 1163 Old 07-04-2011, 03:10 PM

We've been at our new place about a two weeks now and I've got the main bathroom looking how I want. Still so many things to unpack. So I'm excited to have one area done.

We only have one main bathroom. The wicker/basket drawers are hair brushes and hair bows/clips for my girls. We keep the towels rolled up under the sink.

Sorry for the big pictures... not really sure how to scale them down.

We rent a 1200 sq foot, 2 bedroom 1 1/2 bath townhouse.

150.JPG151.JPG

152.JPG154.JPG

Pax, loving wife since 2001, Mother of DD1 (11 1/2) and DD2 (8). Entering our 4th year of Homeschooling: Eclectic mix of curriculum and child interest lead. Backyard urban chicken chasers. 10/2014 items purged.
#983 of 1163 Old 07-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Banned

very nice, pax! :D

#984 of 1163 Old 07-05-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post

very nice, pax! :D

Thanks! It feels good to get things done. One thing that has happened with all the moves is that I've purged and purged again. Things we own now are things we ether love, or need. It's freeing.. or rather it will feel freeing once we are all unpacked.

Our half bath.

Horrible mirror wall tile that isn't in the best shape, I hung "fish" netting on it since I have sort of a nautical theme.   A little bit more thematic in the room, but this is our guest bathroom and it's nice to have it look "nice". Plus all of the items are things I love. My MIL gave to me and I've just always loved her pirate.

007.JPG009.JPG017.JPG

Pax, loving wife since 2001, Mother of DD1 (11 1/2) and DD2 (8). Entering our 4th year of Homeschooling: Eclectic mix of curriculum and child interest lead. Backyard urban chicken chasers. 10/2014 items purged.
#985 of 1163 Old 07-05-2011, 10:35 AM

027.JPGGot our Laundry room/Pantry organized and clean. One of the other reasons we moved from our 975sq ft apartment was not having our own washer and dryer. In this unit they had hook ups but you had to provide your own. So we purchased a used washer/dryer stacker to have extra pantry room.

Next to the washer.

028.JPG I really love our can rotators. We use what we need and don't run out. On the bottom rack I have flour, Sugar, and oatmeal in large tubs.

#986 of 1163 Old 07-05-2011, 02:19 PM

It's been really motivating to post pictures of our "Done" rooms. One goal DH and I had since moving was to organize everything. Everything has a home, a place and to evaluate if it's needed. I'd purge and simplify more than what I've done but DH is sometimes a "Well we might need... We spent money on... What if".

Here is the kitchen.

037.JPG038.JPGOur rule is if our cook books can't fit into the bread box then we have to many.

039.JPGSpiced organized and labeled.

041.JPGOur "Spice" cabinet. Organized by most used and baking. Plus pot holders.

#987 of 1163 Old 07-06-2011, 10:26 PM

Love it, pax! We are moving into a 2 br townhouse soon too, so you are inspiring me! I would love to know where those little wicker drawers on the bathroom counter are from....or what stores you suggest shopping for similar items! :) Thanks

#988 of 1163 Old 07-06-2011, 11:51 PM

Thanks! I really love the wicker drawers. Our old house didn't have any drawers in the bathroom so this  was a must. I found them about 2yrs ago at a store called Fred Myers... I think the container store .com... Pier 1 or Cost Plus world Market might have similar styles. Or even a Hobby Lobby. :)

#989 of 1163 Old 07-07-2011, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

This is the first time I've visited this forum & these photos are so inspirational!! Thank you so much for sharing... I can't wait to take some of these ideas to our new apartment!

Mama to my little busy bee. 

#990 of 1163 Old 07-11-2011, 01:03 PM

DD's closet (super organized considering how much medical stuff she has)

My desk and bookcase (and a small toy stash for DS)

My bed and nightstand (this area used to be a toy dumping ground)

Calendar and another small toy stash

Kitchen

DD's bedroom (a work in progress, but again, awesome considering her medical stuff)

DS's bedroom...he's adopting some of his dad's hoarding tendencies so I've limited him to ONE "collection" and he chose dalmatians.

Kitchen table

TV and movies

Living room...the one area I'm still working on...the "stuff" on the left is just a pile of things needing to go.  It's unsightly, but I know if I stash it in a closet I'll never get rid of it.

Tags
Mrs Meyers Cleaning Day , Unica Household Products

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page