Flatware - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-03-2007, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know we have way too much flatware. Both our parents have given us a ton of their old and miss matched sets. There are only two of us right now, with DD who is too young to use utensils. We entertain and extra two to four people often. We definatly use spoons more than anything else because I am a big tea drinker and sometimes DH joins me for a cup. How many sets of forks, spoons, and knives do you think we would need? Right now our drawer organizer is overflowing with them.

One Mom, Three Kids. Life is Great.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 10-03-2007, 10:27 PM

We have a family of six (only 5 use utensils right now though). We have flatware for 8. It's a set from Oneida and came with 8 knives, 8 regular sized forks, 8 smaller forks and 16 spoons. This is perfect for us. The boys use the smaller forks and dh and I will use them too if the boys chose big forks that day. We use more spoons too because we have lots of cereal eater's in this house. We run the dishwasher every other day and my mom and dad come over for dinner every couple weeks and we've never had a problem.
#3 of 4 Old 10-03-2007, 10:34 PM

This is a little OT, but you're singing my song with flatware woes...

I recently realized I have a flatware set with 8, yes 8 different types of spoons! The set takes up so much room and it takes so long to fit all the utensils into each of the little shaped holders, I'm wishing I could ditch the whole thing. (But it was a gift, what if we really need the grapefruit spoons someday, blah, blah, blah...so we keep hanging onto it.)

My dream is to have 12 each of forks, knives and spoons and keep them in three crocks on the counter and be done with it!

SAHM to two amazing boys
8-21-05
#4 of 4 Old 10-04-2007, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

twelve seems like a bit much for us, but eight sounds good. Its the max we've entertained so we would have enough if I can stay on top of my dish washing, which I do if I know company is coming over. I just counted on a whim and I have twenty forks. Thats just counting the big ones. I decided not to count the others until I can sort and get rid of the blasted things.

One Mom, Three Kids. Life is Great.

User Tag List