Paper organization, when you need the materials - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-17-2007, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Hello, I'm in school studying to be a teacher and I have a couple of questions......

1. I am gathering a large amount of information already (resources/sources) mostly in paper form. How do I organize these???

2. How do you organize your day/time management?

3. How do you organize lesson/unit plans but also materials you have??

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer,
Tina:

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#2 of 2 Old 10-17-2007, 01:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytina View Post
Hello, I'm in school studying to be a teacher and I have a couple of questions......

1. I am gathering a large amount of information already (resources/sources) mostly in paper form. How do I organize these??? Binders, by subject/topic (I'm not sure whether you mean research, possible lesson plans, articles on math, etc.) But, binders will work...three-hole punchers are your friend.

2. How do you organize your day/time management? Gosh...completely depended on the school/class/day...can't offer much help there.

3. How do you organize lesson/unit plans but also materials you have?? I student taught in a 1st grade where each month was essentially a 2different unit themes. The teacher had long flat boxes (probably 5 feet by 3 feet by 3-4 inches high?) marked with each month, and the unit inside of it. All the materials for that month went in there (ie...October was Halloween and the human body, so, the paper skeleton, the Halloween decorations, etc. went in there. Smaller items were in labeled ziplocs within the box). Her books were also organized by theme (she had an extensive classroom library) - little circles with a number (she had 80+ categories!) on the corner of a book, then the books organized by that...she'd pull out the books that went with that theme for each month (all her Halloween books, all her human body books, and then a more generic (say, alphabet books) to make them accessible. It worked well for that class. I ended up teaching older grades, and kept most of my stuff in labeled boxes (the kind reams of paper come in). If it was equipment (magnifying glasses, tissue paper, excavating materials (don't ask)) I tended to keep them together since they'd be used with more than one unit sometimes.

Honestly, you'll find a method that works for you. What works for one person won't always work for another, and you'll hit on something that feels right for you.

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer,
Tina:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page