My house is so messy.... - Mothering Forums
1 2 
Organize & Declutter > My house is so messy....
transformed 09:51 PM 10-21-2007
My house is so messy and cluttered that I have sometimes left astroglide out, and not noticed it on the counter when company came over or something. (MANY MANY times....I wonder if anyone has ever noticed? )

(We cosleep so those activities are often all over the house....)

How messy is your house?

:

akwifeandmomma's Avatar akwifeandmomma 09:53 PM 10-21-2007

Sounds like it's time to nix the astroglide in favor of coconut oil. You can cook with it, too, so leaving it in the kitchen wouldn't raise any eyebrows!
flowmom's Avatar flowmom 10:29 PM 10-21-2007
You must be doing something right if you need such things on a regular basis
Toady's Avatar Toady 10:32 PM 10-21-2007

KayleeZoo's Avatar KayleeZoo 11:08 PM 10-21-2007

I don't think we've ever left anything like astroglide out, but I often have bras hanging off of the baby gate downstairs because my laundry situation is so out of control and I've embarassed young visiting church missionaries more than once, especially with the, ah, more risque designs
loriforeman's Avatar loriforeman 11:10 PM 10-21-2007
heh...i just don't open the door.
transformed 11:55 PM 10-21-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayleeZoo View Post

I don't think we've ever left anything like astroglide out, but I often have bras hanging off of the baby gate downstairs because my laundry situation is so out of control and I've embarassed young visiting church missionaries more than once, especially with the, ah, more risque designs
Oh, yeah, there is always laundry all over the house. For some reason, our family dresses and undresses in the common great room that attaches all the bedrooms.

This is probably due in part to the fact that we play musical beds on a daily basis and usually someone is sleeping while someone else is getting ready for the day.

Bras everywhere. Probably when I wasnt preggie, the occasional risque pair of undies or something.

My house is so messy.

PeacefulSeams's Avatar PeacefulSeams 12:39 AM 10-22-2007
I'm with ya. However my item was not astroglide but a vibrating hand shaped paddle and a pair of F$%K me stillettos.

Pretty bad when I walk downstairs and see my DS using the paddle to pet the dogs with. He was giving them a massage
KayleeZoo's Avatar KayleeZoo 11:21 AM 10-22-2007
laughup
transformed 11:42 AM 10-22-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenenlightened View Post
I'm with ya. However my item was not astroglide but a vibrating hand shaped paddle and a pair of F$%K me stillettos.

Pretty bad when I walk downstairs and see my DS using the paddle to pet the dogs with. He was giving them a massage
Yeah, I wasnt sure if I should mention the "toys..." But where the astroglide goes, usually the toys go too.

People must think I am a horney slob!

Sex is way more important to me than cleaning up.
hibana's Avatar hibana 05:15 PM 10-22-2007
My mil came over once (I forgot she was coming) and there was lube on the couch. I think I shoved it under a cushion when I noticed it.
bellabear's Avatar bellabear 06:41 PM 10-22-2007

Penelope's Avatar Penelope 06:52 PM 10-22-2007
A friend and her dd dropped by to deliver a birthday party invitation this weekend. The cleanest room in the house? My 6yo dd's bedroom. By a really, really big margin. Since she'd spent ten minutes cleaning it. Every other room was a total disaster.

The friend politely complimented our wall color. Since the walls were basically clean.
b&c'smama's Avatar b&c'smama 09:29 PM 10-22-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksenia View Post
You must be doing something right if you need such things on a regular basis
Especially in the kitchen!
KayleeZoo's Avatar KayleeZoo 09:33 PM 10-22-2007
Especially in the kitchen!

Yeah that!
maisiedotes's Avatar maisiedotes 08:28 PM 10-25-2007

transformed 08:35 PM 10-25-2007
great room. My kitchen/living room/all common areas are one big room.

Pretty good for being pregnant too. Man, I miss the second trimester. Dh does too!
Eben'sMama's Avatar Eben'sMama 08:46 PM 10-25-2007
We have become so accustomed to leaving the air mattress blown up and standing on end in the "nursery" (which is really just the kids' clothes and toys room), that it seems totally normal to us. We don't even notice it anymore. Last time MIL came over to babysit, she asked DH if we were having problems. He seemed bewildered and said, "No, why?" and she pointed out the air mattress. No, he informed her, he is not sleeping on it because he's been ousted from our bed. Nope, no one is doing any sleeping on it.
chinaKat's Avatar chinaKat 10:19 PM 10-25-2007
HAH!!!!

This thread is a riot!!!!
heatherdeg's Avatar heatherdeg 10:29 PM 10-25-2007
Okay... I'm not sure if this "one up"s you:

We came home after being out for several hours to find our door wide open. Of course, had to have the cops come to go through the house and make sure it was safe for us to enter.

The house was so messy that the cops were clearly uneasy in asking, but managed to say "does it look the way you left it?". I had to tell them "Yeah--it wasn't tossed. We left it this way". Quick eyebrow raise and they were gone.

This happened more than once over the course of 3 years. :

I have since kicked my husband's arse and we live at the other end of the spectrum now... although I did have a basket of clean and folded laundry in the family room with a bra sprawled across the top (drying) when the contractors came yesterday. :
Siana's Avatar Siana 05:22 PM 10-26-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by transformed View Post
Sex is way more important to me than cleaning up.
It sure is over here too
cdahlgrd's Avatar cdahlgrd 02:16 PM 10-27-2007
:

:
happyhippiemama's Avatar happyhippiemama 03:01 PM 10-27-2007
My mom came over to visit unexpectedly not too long ago, and as she's sitting primly on the edge of the couch, attempting not to actually touch any of the crap scattered around her, DD comes wandering out from behind the sofa with my hot pink gspot vibe in her hand.

I almost leapt over the kitchen counter to snatch it out of her hand before she handed it to my mother.

I MUST clean this house. I have no idea when or how or why my vibe ended up behind the sofa. It has been missing for a while, tho.
transformed 03:21 PM 10-27-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhippiemama View Post
My mom came over to visit unexpectedly not too long ago, and as she's sitting primly on the edge of the couch, attempting not to actually touch any of the crap scattered around her, DD comes wandering out from behind the sofa with my hot pink gspot vibe in her hand.

I almost leapt over the kitchen counter to snatch it out of her hand before she handed it to my mother.

I MUST clean this house. I have no idea when or how or why my vibe ended up behind the sofa. It has been missing for a while, tho.
I bet you are happy to have it back.
happyhippiemama's Avatar happyhippiemama 04:01 PM 10-27-2007
yah, I'm getting bored with the other ones.
Smetana_'s Avatar Smetana_ 11:42 PM 10-28-2007
:

:
kdmama33's Avatar kdmama33 05:02 PM 10-29-2007
I am so glad I opened this thread!
Camellia's Avatar Camellia 03:59 AM 10-30-2007
This thread is a riot

Our laundry is scattered about every room of the house. Visitors regularly see our undies and my bras, but nothing fun like vibes or lube We are boring bedroom sex people. Well.. not actually boring, but it all happens in the bedroom.
my2girlz's Avatar my2girlz 06:11 PM 10-30-2007
:

:
happyfrog's Avatar happyfrog 06:19 PM 10-30-2007
thank you for the giggles.

my house is scary looking, too right now. thankfully, my neatnik friend just moved to another town so it's unlikely she'll drop by on me.

actually as i look around, i realize it looks better than it has in a while. the boys took a decent nap today and i've been cleaning. don't know how much progress i made but there IS less crap everywhere. . . but it's still pretty bad.

i DID pick up all the bras scattered everywhere, though. the boys LOVE to wear them - they hold a lot of toys in the brassier part. ROFL
1 2 

Up