Help with decluttering! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-23-2007, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We just found out that we have to move from our beautiful, spacious, 160 square meter 3-story, 4 bedroom house, into a 3 bedroom apartment of questionable size.

Where do I even begin with condensing our accumulated possessions?

We have time...kind've...we can move no earlier than December 2007, and no later than July 2008. I'm leaning towards moving in December or January, so that I won't be too hugely pregnant, but also won't have to cope with a newborn during the move.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2007, 12:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did that once. We went from 4br, 2 story, garage, attic to 3br apt. with minimal storage to 2br apt with even less storage! So I guess mine was a bit more gradual, but still similar. To start, I got rid of all the things that were in the attic of the large house. Figured if they were stored in the attic all this time then I probably didn't really need them. I did go through some boxes of stuff and keep a few keepsake items from my kids' early years, but I pitched most of it.

Then I went through the kids' stuff and donated or tossed anything that they didn't play with anymore, anything that was broken, outgrown, or just unloved. I was truly surprised how much extra stuff that rid me of!

Of course, now I'm back in the 4br, full attic, full basement, garage house and have entirely too much clutter again... didn't I learn anything?

User Tag List