Help with decluttering! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-23-2007, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We just found out that we have to move from our beautiful, spacious, 160 square meter 3-story, 4 bedroom house, into a 3 bedroom apartment of questionable size.

Where do I even begin with condensing our accumulated possessions?

We have time...kind've...we can move no earlier than December 2007, and no later than July 2008. I'm leaning towards moving in December or January, so that I won't be too hugely pregnant, but also won't have to cope with a newborn during the move.
#2 of 2 Old 10-23-2007, 11:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did that once. We went from 4br, 2 story, garage, attic to 3br apt. with minimal storage to 2br apt with even less storage! So I guess mine was a bit more gradual, but still similar. To start, I got rid of all the things that were in the attic of the large house. Figured if they were stored in the attic all this time then I probably didn't really need them. I did go through some boxes of stuff and keep a few keepsake items from my kids' early years, but I pitched most of it.

Then I went through the kids' stuff and donated or tossed anything that they didn't play with anymore, anything that was broken, outgrown, or just unloved. I was truly surprised how much extra stuff that rid me of!

Of course, now I'm back in the 4br, full attic, full basement, garage house and have entirely too much clutter again... didn't I learn anything?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page