I wish I could get rid of..... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 11-04-2007, 10:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
an eliptcal machine. None of us can use it due to bad knees. its like brand new and has been on craigslist and other places but so far no takers.
#32 of 41 Old 11-04-2007, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookMommy! View Post
DH's army uniforms. He was in the Israeli army for 4 years + reserves until he was 45. His unit was disbanded, so no chance they'll call him back. DS was a soldier for Purim last year, but I don't think he'll be into it again. I don't mind the uniform per se, but the coat, the boots, etc. take up a lot of room. He insists it is sentimental, fine - but we have pictures! And it is in ds's closet, not in the attic or something.

Also, I'd like to get rid of my treadmill. I bought it used, and it doesn't work well (and I am unmotivated to use it) so now it is just holding my clothes next to my bed. I post it on a for sale list every so often, but I don't want to just give it away, because DH will say "told you so"!
make the uniform into a quilt
#33 of 41 Old 11-04-2007, 04:12 PM

A scratchy olive green quilt with badges and pins? No, I think not.

Besides, I think that would be destruction of army property. I think he should turn it back in to the army, actually.

But thanks, anyway!

Lisa
#34 of 41 Old 11-04-2007, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have several things, the two large figurine things that MIL gave DD1 a few years back, they just take up space, she can't play with them. I'm usually pretty great about moving things through that are useless but DH insists that we keep them.

All of DH's extra computer equipment. He is in IT, I make him keep most of his stuff at his office, but parts creep home eventually. Every so often I fill up a huge box and drop it off at his work. : All the stuff I still have here is stuff that he insists he needs at the house, I'm so tempted to box it up.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#35 of 41 Old 11-04-2007, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen+2monkeys View Post
DH's extra computer stuff. How many cables and video cards and hard drives does 1 computer need? We have 5 large file cabinet size drawers of the stuff, plus some things on shelves. "But we might need them some day." Yeah right.:

me too! plus like 4 or 5 different video game systems and accessories. the playstation i'd like to keep but i want to get rid of the x-box so much!!!

but , kurt and i had the biggest fight the other nioght because i threw away some expired medicines and foodstuffs....:
#36 of 41 Old 11-04-2007, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallabi View Post
A giant pile of empty boxes - apparantly we must keep them because should we ever decide to sell the blender/heater/computer/$12 electric fan that came in them, they will fetch a higher price. Meanwhile, the clothes are in plastic bins because the closet is full of empty boxes, the upstairs room is a box depository and the verandah, all nice and sunny - a very cozy empty box home.

we're finally putting ours to good use moving though. although quite a few of them are going to be recycled too
#37 of 41 Old 11-04-2007, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen+2monkeys View Post
DH's extra computer stuff. How many cables and video cards and hard drives does 1 computer need? We have 5 large file cabinet size drawers of the stuff, plus some things on shelves. "But we might need them some day." Yeah right.:
Sounds like my DH. I mean, we only have 1 computer. Ours are stored in plastic storage bins with lids. They take up a nice corner in my garage.

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" --Leonardo Da Vinci
 blogging.jpg  780/2014 decluttered

#38 of 41 Old 11-04-2007, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallabi View Post
A giant pile of empty boxes - apparantly we must keep them because should we ever decide to sell the blender/heater/computer/$12 electric fan that came in them, they will fetch a higher price. Meanwhile, the clothes are in plastic bins because the closet is full of empty boxes, the upstairs room is a box depository and the verandah, all nice and sunny - a very cozy empty box home.
My Dh is the same way. So I made a deal with him. I bought the largest storage bin I could find with a lid. I told him that whatever boxes he could fit in there, we could keep...the rest I smashed, ripped and cut to make sure they were not repairable. So far it works.

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" --Leonardo Da Vinci
 blogging.jpg  780/2014 decluttered

#39 of 41 Old 11-06-2007, 01:56 PM

Our TV. It's a huge broken widescreen monstrosity that DH claims he will someday get repaired. It's just collecting dust in the playroom. I'm not much of a TV watcher, anyway, and I'm happy to use the laptop for movies if/when we need to.

Also I'd love to declutter DH's things, including his DVD collection, but that's his job, not mine. I wouldn't be able to handle it if he decluttered my things so I understand, but I wish he was on as much of a decluttering kick as I am!

Amanda, mom to Everest (12), Alden (10-1/2), Ellery (7-1/2), & Avery (6)
#40 of 41 Old 11-06-2007, 03:07 PM

All of my wedding china, crystal, ect.

I would ebay it but I just don't want to deal with it.
#41 of 41 Old 11-06-2007, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustasmom View Post
A couple of family furniture antiques. I just don't have the room. I think that they are going on Craigslist for a cheap, get it out of here price. I have no emotional attachment to these.
Oh yea forgot about the china cabinet and buffet that were my grandparents I want to get rid of too!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page