I might really get my bookshelves installed this week! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-25-2007, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This would be like a dream come true. We live in a very small farmhouse that has one tiny closet on the main floor. It's stacked with my books, and I want it to be a linen closet/winter coat closet (there are six of us in New England, so work coats are important...and not tiny enough to fit in a basket by the door. lol) Right now all the winter outerwear is on hooks in the kitchen by the back door and it's crowded! I want to reclaim that with my little shelf of baskets with assorted hats/gloves/scarves etc. And just leave our barn/work coats & boots there.

If the bookshevles get finished this week, it means I can empty that one closet of my books, get my other books off surfaces...and then we can actually find what we need. (We homeschool and have a great library-- we also share with friends, and I can't easily find what we all need right now). There is also a shelf being made for my cookbooks and everyday plates for the kitchen. Another library rack being made, also for the kitchen, for my nephews books and little toys (I watch him while my sister works).

I am delerious with excitement. I think those of us who like to keep the things we love (and I love our books) organized and tidy and useful! can relate to the uneasy feeling of things not having a proper place. I can hardly believe ll have a place for coats, and towels etc. in my new home etc.

I am so *happy*...if he calls and says he's held up with my shelves...I know I will cry. Literally cry. I have been holding it all in for a few months. Trying not to get angry that certain particular books are still in boxes in that closet..and we need them. Imagine...my books in shevles over and around my fireplace, up to the ceiling, even. He's made closed shelves for the bottom row which will hold all the board games, plus the puzzles and blocks for the nephew.

User Tag List