Worked on DH's home office yesterday - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-26-2007, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

Location: Learning about ancient history along with the kiddos
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH and I were talking yesterday morning about how I like to declutter with someone else and he likes to do household tasks alone. I told him some of the areas just seem overwhelming to face alone and maybe we could compromise and just work on those areas together.

Then he mentioned he was having trouble decluttering his office alone and I decided I could help him since I have much less emotional attachment to the stuff in there than he does. So we started! We removed everything from the office, piled it in DS's room (thank god for cosleeping in the MBR!), cleaned the walls, the furniture, vacuumed,and even steam-cleaned the carpets. There was so much dust in there and DH has a dust allergy which can trigger his asthma! Then we went through most of the stuff and divided it into 5 piles: trash, recycle, donate, freecycle, or things to put in a different room. We've gotten through about 60% of the stuff. I think it will take another 3 hours so we've set aside an hour today,tomorrow,and Thursday.

Yea! The room looks so much better and healthier to be in. It was great to ignore the excuses of not having enough time, not being able to get things done with the 3 yo, being pregnant, etc. and just make progress. I think it was the second worse area in the house so I feel better about tackling the most difficult area (my office, which is really a catch-all for the house) over the Christmas holiday (we don't celebrate). We agreed to do my office together. I'm more on my own for the other areas but I feel much more confident.

Anyone else make more progress when you're working with someone else in the same room, even if you're working on different things?
#2 of 2 Old 11-26-2007, 05:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow-that sounds really great! I know I think and work so much better in a clutter-free and organized office-hope the same happens for your DH!

A supportive military wife and mama to my busy boy and sweet girl.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page