What's your favorite organizational trick? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 12-16-2007, 01:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
celestial, this is what i try to do too, getting to zero...but have rarely accomplished it in the last couple of years . i call it resetting the house...now that you point out that you try do have it all done by the end of the day, i think i might try to hold that thought in my head. plus all the other excellent ones above!!

i use a lot of flylady.net, and i particularly like to use the timer and check off 6 ten-minute items on a weekly clean. that's when things are going well!!

and my children like to play 'elves'. lately it has been more like cinderella, which is a pretty interesting exchange!! sometimes channelling grumpy stepmother is just the thing

#32 of 36 Old 12-16-2007, 09:01 PM

It really helps me to have a dark colored laundry basket for darks and a light colored one for lights. The minute I bring things downstairs, they get sorted into the right basket. When the clothes reach to top, the basket goes right into the washer--no delay! I used to get so overwhemled. My mother-in-law also lives with us and she would come down and just pile her clothes into mt. dirly laundry. Now we all follow the sorting baskets and it makes it really easy for me to see.

The other trick is to remember that laundry has several steps. They all have to be finished. Starting the wash is just the first step!

I'm the only one who does the laundry because no one else understands how to staintreat, and DD clothes kept getting ruined when MIL would throw them in without treating. She also didn't understand sorting at all. Now, it's all organized, things aren't stained, and I don't even care that I'm the only one doing it.
#33 of 36 Old 12-16-2007, 09:47 PM

great tips!!! i'm going to go through my spices and closets after the holidays!

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
#34 of 36 Old 12-16-2007, 09:58 PM

I don't know how many moms this would apply to, but I work out of the home with my baby, and each day need 1) the diaper bag, 2) my backpack (where I keep my papers, and 3) our luches. I have three bags--one for each--and in the mornings, or ideally the night before, once they're packed they go into a bright blue laundry basket right by the door. Me, the baby, and the laundry basket then all go out to the car together in the morning!
#35 of 36 Old 12-17-2007, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyTree View Post
I don't know how many moms this would apply to, but I work out of the home with my baby, and each day need 1) the diaper bag, 2) my backpack (where I keep my papers, and 3) our luches. I have three bags--one for each--and in the mornings, or ideally the night before, once they're packed they go into a bright blue laundry basket right by the door. Me, the baby, and the laundry basket then all go out to the car together in the morning!

I LOVE this- i'm always running back into the house because i forgot my purse or her lunch or something.

I'm putting this, and many others, to use right away!
#36 of 36 Old 12-17-2007, 01:59 PM

Having the Home Management Binder and a schedule for cleaning has really helped me be better organized.

Sabrina , mom to 4 fab kids!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page