I think you guys can help me. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-10-2007, 01:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so happy I found you guys!.. I have been reading on here for the past week. and have gotten motivated again. I am to the point where I just cry!. Let me start by my kitchen!. I feel like it's to cluttered and I don't really know how to declutter it!. I have tried time and time again. plus no one (DH) never puts anything back well he dose that all over the house in the morning I wake up and have to walk around the house picking up socks shirts shoes.. you get the point. I put his dirty clothe hamper in the bathroom but it seems like it just blew up in there.. and to top it off or washer and dryer broke last week and we don't have the means to buy another one at the moment. I want to have a nice cute house!. Will you help me with a system?. I have a 2 yr old and a 2 month old. and I feel like I just can't keep the house up plus DH dose not want to do it because he says we are moving in 6 months anyway's so why bother but I have to step in and take action this is really affecting everyone. maybe you can help me tackle one room at a time?.. I'll take pics as soon as I have the chance

Thanks for reading
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-10-2007, 01:48 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
You have a 2yo and a 2 month old? Make sure you dont' spend TOO MUCH time cleaning up- you need to focus on those babies most of all!

2ndly, you're going to have to have a tidy house when you're trying to sell it. Getting ready to move is the best time to declutter- why move with stuff you don't need?

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
#3 of 3 Old 12-10-2007, 01:53 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For one, you have to be realistic at how clean and uncluttered you can get your home with those little ones, especially if you're nursing. I didn't feel like I could get in a good routine until DS was closer to a year, but maybe in a month or so you should have more energy and time. The way I started keeping my house clean when I first became a SAHM is by setting small goals, like I'd tell myself that I had to pick up after myself in the bathroom and make the bed by 11 am (I'm no early bird). Then gradually I set a goal to keep my kitchen clean and do all the breakfast and lunch dishes right after lunch and again clean up in the evening so I wake up to a clean kitchen. I also vacuum 2x week and sweep the hard floors every day. I try to keep my living room and dinning room (public areas) pretty picked up because I'm terrified of friends or neighbors coming over unannounced or on short notice. Make a list, mental or on paper, of what part of your home you feel is most important to keep clean and uncluttered and once that becomes a habit gradually incorporate more things into your routine. You'll fell so efficient and good about yourself once you figure it out.

As far as your DH, try not to be resentful and just pick up after his mess, maybe when he sees what a good job you're doing he'll get motivated to clean up too. Don't be afraid to ask him to make the bed on weekends, or when you do his laundry, leave his clothes folded in a basket and ask him to them away when he gets home. I do this with DH because I can't reach the closet shelves anyway Stay motivated, mama!

Awesome SAHM to 5-yr-old son,3-yr-old girl and a baby girl. Blog about my home http://azaleastudio.blogspot.com

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page