One Month Compacting Challange: FEBRUARY - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 63 Old 03-03-2008, 08:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
congratulations! 45 minutes sounds just about right to be convenient when needed, without being a temptation. ours is 2.5 hours away, but it's where my mom lives. she's going to watch the toddler while baby and i shop. i haven't been to ikea in, like, more than a year. maybe two years. i'm all psyched up! i just wish i had a way to haul furniture home with me. our car can hold a lot, but not with the babies riding along.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 63 Old 03-04-2008, 09:47 AM

For my sister this new ikea will be 10 minutes away so she will have to be careful. We just moved (did I say that already?) and passed on a lot of the old furniture we've had since before we were married (1993!) so we are totally ready. The timing couldn't be better.

And in the spirit of this thread - because this conversation is really particularly bad in this thread - we are definitely going to set our priorities and only get the most pressing items, because I will enjoy looking at garage sales and elsewhere for furniture to reuse. DH is not naturally inclined to be a reuser (although he is totally supportive of it when I drag things home Saturday mornings ) and he wants a few things to be new.
#63 of 63 Old 03-11-2008, 07:08 AM

I did ok, but I definately could of done better. I did end up buying the kids some new stuff for easter..oops!

Decluttering has been going well, although I've kind of hit a wall. It's just so hard to get rid of stuff! I've had baby stuff in my living room for over a month for someone who for the last two months has been swearing she'll get it any day now. I thought I was helping someone out of a bad situation but I keep getting the run around. Sigh, it will probably end up on the side of the road with a big free sign like the rest of the freecycle stuff no one ever bothered picking up. I just can't do freecycle anymore, it's been just impossible. No one (charities) takes toys so I have tons of garbage bags waiting for the next community swap.

Anyway! lol! I have been trying to buy more responsibly when I do buy. I have been trying to cut down on needless waste. I don't expect to be perfect at this, but at least I'm trying

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page