Clorox Announces New Green Line! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 01-19-2008, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamama View Post
I think it's a good thing, and I agree that people who have been branded (including me ) by all the media we've been exposed to will find comfort in the trusted Clorox brand, and also feel good about pruchasing a green cleaner. These products aren't chemically at all, they don't smell suspiciously artificial like Mrs. Meyers, and they are gentle on my hands and fingernails.
:

I used the concentrated cleaner when I mopped my kitchen the other day. It did a nice job, better than the Citra-solv I usually use, and there wasn't an overpowering smell, either. I noticed the directions said to use cold water, not hot. I wonder why that is? Any chemist mommas out there know why?
#32 of 37 Old 01-19-2008, 12:38 PM

I'm skeptical because it's still made by Clorox. The thing I love about my vinegar/water/orange EO mix is that if my son sprays himself in the face with it (you never know! ), I know it's just vinegar/water/orange EO and the only harm that'll come to him is a nasty taste in the mouth.

Shannon & Paul...married since 2000. Parents to Alexander Paul Martin - 30 October, 2003 Grace Elizabeth Maile - 12 June, 2009
#33 of 37 Old 01-19-2008, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyErin View Post
:

I used the concentrated cleaner when I mopped my kitchen the other day. It did a nice job, better than the Citra-solv I usually use, and there wasn't an overpowering smell, either. I noticed the directions said to use cold water, not hot. I wonder why that is? Any chemist mommas out there know why?
I dont know, but its a good thing since it uses less energy when you dont have to heat the water first!

Loving Mother to our adoption miracle, Riana :, and our angel baby, Xavier. Trying for baby. Wife to my Hero! BLOG LINK IN PROFILE
#34 of 37 Old 01-19-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlo View Post
I'm skeptical because it's still made by Clorox. The thing I love about my vinegar/water/orange EO mix is that if my son sprays himself in the face with it (you never know! ), I know it's just vinegar/water/orange EO and the only harm that'll come to him is a nasty taste in the mouth.
Im skeptical too.
Although, I do think it'll be a great tool for mainstream America.....
I just can't trust a big money hungry corporation.
Plus, it really erks me that im sure they are jumping on the green living bandwagon. Its trendy right now and they know they can make money.
Im not going to support that.

and only that line isn't tested on animals?:
Too sneaky for me.
#35 of 37 Old 01-19-2008, 03:03 PM

I hear you brr. I think it's great for a lot of people out there who want to be greener but don't want to stray too far from their normal way of doing things. But for me personally, I'd rather give my money to companies that have been doing the right thing all along, like ecover, or seventh gen. when I don't make my own.

Christy wash.gif Mom to DS 4/21/04 reading.gif DD 9/20/09  dust.gif DD 7/2/11jog.gif

#36 of 37 Old 01-31-2008, 02:05 PM

I bought all of them and loved them. I like all of you dont like that fact they are probably still testing the other lines they have on animals. I (before I got smart)used to use regular clorox because that is what the rest of my family used when i was a kid just trained i guess.
I loved the products. I like the smell and they cleaned my bathroom better then the other clorox products. Have used Method but they get $$ too. I do use the grapefruit one for kitchen it smells good but like i said that gets $$ when you buy all their products but only 13 $ for all the clorox is good for me. I do make my own all purpose stuff and probably still will every once in awhile. I just like the fact that finally they are going green that is all.

vegan, *( . ) ( . )* wife to D and momma to peanut and monkey boy
#37 of 37 Old 01-31-2008, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I want to sub to read about this later, but I also read about this today here

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page