Ahhh... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-22-2008, 01:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Kidney Foundation is coming in the morning. My husband set this up and I am so glad he did. We will often bag things up to go and they end up not leaving. I have 5 bags of clothes, 4 bags of toys and a huge box of magazines. I am going to set up another pick up in a few weeks so I can do a more detailed dejunking. I am such a happy woman right now!
#2 of 2 Old 01-22-2008, 02:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It does feel good doesn't it? Here we have a Veteran's organization that picks up donated items and we had a huge pickup last week and another one this morning. There were 9 large boxes for them this morning and last week there were 6 or 7 boxes and a few garbage bags full of clothes and other stuff (the outdoor leaf size).

When they come they leave a really big bag for your next donation and we've already got today's bag half full. I figure we will schedule another pickup in a couple weeks.

This is what really helped me and motivated me to get started:
Quote:
Originally Posted by laketahoemama View Post
One of the most important things that I realized was that I had to get a lot of the crap out of the house before I was going to be able to start organizing and getting a cleaning routine going.

I read Clutter's Last Stand and after realizing how much having all this stuff really cost me and my family I got angry, and then I got to work. I looked at each item in my house that wasn't contributing to the acheivement of my goals as something that was holding me back from my happiness. Draining time and energy that I wanted to have for my son, my husband, my dogs, and everything else that mattered more than these beautiful, perfectly good pieces of clutter. I didn't bother trying to sell anything, I decided my time was worth more to me than this junk. I peeled back layer after layer of this crap until there was enough for me to manage and organize without killing myself to do it, and then I got rid of more.
I could never get started because I would think about how I really should put this stuff on ebay or something. But I didn't have the energy to do even that, so I kept putting it off and the problem kept getting larger and larger. Reading this post by laketahoemama....it was almost like I was being given permission to just give it all away. I didn't have to feel guilty about not having yard sales or putting it on ebay. I could just get it out of my apartment. I am so grateful for this!

I still have a long way to go, but I'm already much happier and feeling better than I have in a long time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page