Help me, please (moving in 5 weeks with extra complications) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-26-2008, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've restarted this 4 times now! ARGH! How to I organize to move? We move every 12-18 months but I can't get it together with everything going on - I'm working at home, my dad is in a rehab center (had his foot amputated last month) and we don't know if he's going to get well enough to come home, we have to clean and pack everything, including all my dad's stuff, which I think much of it will go to a storage unit (his tools and things he's never going to use again)...I go and visit my dad almost every day because his mental state is rapid declining and he gets very agitated and freaky if I don't. Plus even though I'm unschooling, we still do normal type homeschool stuff as the kids want/need and everything together has me: : x100 I have to work, and take on extra work, to pay for the move! (going to post a question in finances after this)

Walls, windows, cupboard need to be washed...do we do that now or later? I have a really hard time coming back and cleaning an empty house after the move, the kids are bored even if they're helping, the baby wants constant attention, and I'm going to be so sad this time because I love this house (we have such bad credit we'd need a 50% down payment and a co-signer and the house is at $222k)

Help me. I'm so overwhelmed it's paralyzing

Amy ~ Web Designing Single Mom to 4: DD14, DS12, DS5, DS3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2008, 04:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh man, I'm sorry I popped over here because it looks like we are moving this fall but the house will need to go on the market in June! I too was looking for advice!

Do you have family nearby or friends who could pitch in and help either with watching the kids or helping with the house stuff. what about hiring a cleaning crew to come and do the final clean?

I wish I had more advice for you

s

User Tag List