Originally Posted by BaBaBa View Post
ummmm...
when they start to smell...
Ahahahaha! Love it
#33 of 43 Old 02-01-2008, 11:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When they fall off the bed (darn my big mattress), someone pees on them, vomits on them, or as the case the last few days, leaky poopy diaper on them... .eewwww

Sometimes just because its time, but that's not as often as it ought to be.

Mom to ds 10/12 and dd 2/05 ribbonrainbow.gif

Blogging about living with xeroderma pigmentosum at www.pacificnights.org/ and about life in general at http://livingavibrantlife.blogspot.com/
#34 of 43 Old 02-02-2008, 08:21 PM

Those of you who don't use flat sheets... is there anything between you and your blankets? Doesn't that mean you have to wash your blankets more often? My blanket is too big to wash at home, it requires a trip to the laundrymat so I can use their extra-large washer and drier. Is that really a better use of resources and time? I hate my flat sheets, but see them as a necessary evil. Please enlighten me.
#35 of 43 Old 02-02-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrindle View Post
Those of you who don't use flat sheets... is there anything between you and your blankets? Doesn't that mean you have to wash your blankets more often? My blanket is too big to wash at home, it requires a trip to the laundrymat so I can use their extra-large washer and drier. Is that really a better use of resources and time? I hate my flat sheets, but see them as a necessary evil. Please enlighten me.
I have flat sheet issues - my entire life, they've ended up in tangles at my feet. When I finally liberated myself from using them I was SO HAPPY! I love the feeling of my comfy blanket around me. I just got a new duvet, but with my old comforter it went in the wash every two weeks or so. Now, I'll wash the duvet cover that often.

If it makes any difference, I sleep clothed and ds usually uses his own blanket in the bed.
#36 of 43 Old 02-03-2008, 02:48 PM

I go to the laundry mat at least once a week so on laundry day or the day before I pull all the sheets off the beds and throw them in the wash bag. Ds still wets the bed so his sheets get pulled off whenever he has an accident and scrubbed in the tub and hung to dry. If we had a washer I think I would do them every other week unless someone Pees, pukes, or bleeds lol I usually rotate 2 sets per bed but I have 2 extras in case of emergency. (I wish I had a washer )
#37 of 43 Old 02-03-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyamanda View Post
I change ours when they start to feel less than clean or when someone pees in them (infrequently). I bet it's once or twice a month, sometimes longer. I don't keep track and it would probably horrify some people how long I've gone at times!
Phew, I'm glad someone said that, I was starting to worry about myself!
#38 of 43 Old 02-03-2008, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Every two weeks, because that was one of my New Year's Resolutions (so far, so good). Before that... you don't wanna know.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#39 of 43 Old 02-03-2008, 07:28 PM

I am militant about changing our sheets weekly.

When I was a young teen I remember my sister complaining of her back itching all of the time. Come to find out she had some fungus all over her back from not changing the sheets!! It was then that I became totally freaked out over sheet changing. I can't totally free my house of bleach because of it, I would like to, but noooooooooo. LOL It's completely a mental thing with me.
#40 of 43 Old 02-03-2008, 07:55 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Every day or every other day. DH is not well and well he just stinks.
Before he got sick it was weekly, but I did make him shower before coming to bed if he was especially active that day.

Megan ~ mama to the Mountain Man (9 years old)
#41 of 43 Old 02-03-2008, 08:14 PM

Once a week. More often, if somebody's sick.
#42 of 43 Old 02-03-2008, 08:25 PM

we're a cosleeping family and we also wash sheets once a week (unless someone is sick, then more often...right now that sick person is me...)

well, that is the quick answer. technically, i do the sheets, pillowcases and fleece 'under' blanket once a week. the mattress pad goes in once every 3-4 weeks. the duvet cover goes in every 5-6 weeks. and the comforter (hypoallergenic) goes in every 8-10 weeks.

both dh and i have allergy issues and they are definitely kept at bay with regular washing.
#43 of 43 Old 02-03-2008, 08:46 PM

Oooh, what are your "sickhouse rules?" Sounds intriguing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by philomom View Post
I love fresh sheets. I change mine every week and the kids every other week.

I will change them more often if someone in the house has a cold or flu. I have some pretty specific "Sickhouse Rules" that keep the germs from jumping from person to person.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page