Talk About the Little Things We Did *February Edition* - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-23-2008, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yesterday I went through my boys room and took down one of the bunks it was just a collect all they either sleep together or in our room. Then moved their dressers into their closest and cleaned most of the stuff up. I've got 5 loads of laundry to do today and tidy up the house. Then its date night for dh and I and our littlest guy. Big brothers are headed to nana and papas for the night. And we are going to Ikea for the first time. I'm really excited!

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2008, 12:11 PM

and I LOVE it! What a change. Having your MBR a color you don't like is really not good for you : ) I am so much happier and I feel like I sleep better now...

I decluttered all the bedding yesterday. On Freecycle I gave away 1 quilt, 1 mattress pad, 1 large comforter and a velux blanket yesterday. I down sized my bed so all that bedding does not work any more... I also Freecycled a stove range thing that we did not need and 2 very formal looking valances that I did not care for... I have 2 bags of sheets to bring to a friend , in my van, and I donated 3 bags to good will yesterday!!! Yeee haw!!! I have now started decluttering in my closet. To paint in my room I had shoved everything into my dds room and my closet... so now to straighten all that out.

In my room I am hoping to build a small craft area on the wall I emptied out by giving away one of my dressers. I am thinking- a section of counter top from Home depot for the top, then a curtain to hide stuff under it and then shelving or cabints above it. I have lots of sewing and scrapbooking stuff I want to organize.... Right nwo I can't find anything. I wanted to sew some cloth napkins yesterday and could not find my serger thread for it...
Old 02-24-2008, 12:48 PM

I cleared out a shelf in my kitchen and also a drawer. I'm going to keep clearing one shelf and one drawer a day. And that's only until we move; when we move I plan on getting rid of a lot of the rest of our dishes and just "forgetting" to buy new ones.

I also sorted out a large tub of craft supplies we inherited from my MIL. I had been saving it for one day when the kids are old enough to get into it. How silly; they're 11 months and 3 weeks old, respectively! It'll be quite a while before they could appreciate little spools of ribbons and such. So I got rid of almost everything and it cleared up a big chunk of our closet.

AND I put together a cube storage unit for our bedroom. I had thought it would just attract more clutter, so it was sitting in the corner unassembled since Christmas. : But I put it together and so far I've found uses for all of the cubes in it. For example we now have storage for our (minimized!) gloves, hats, purses, jewelry, etc. So now instead of having little bins lying around the place, it's all in one tidy cleared up space. Much less visual clutter, so I'm happy.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:34 PM

I went through papers and threw out the ones that needed it! Still need to file that stack of papers though. But at least they are sorted from their junk! I also went through a big pile by the phone that I jokingly call my "office". I got it down to bare countertop and wiped it all off. It looks really nice now.

But I had a little motivation - we were having some family over today!!

This month I have also organized my scrapbook stuff, it was a mess! I emptied one closet because DH is going to put a door on it... threw out/recycled a bunch of stuff from there and bought bins to replace the cardboard boxes.

User Tag List