The POSTABLE challenge-- join me! Update #62 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-29-2008, 08:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll take that challenge!

Okay, I already started before I saw this, but....

We're in the process of setting up a silent auction of all of our belongings

I feel the relief already and we're still in the middle of chaos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2008, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Well, it's not perfect, but this is about as good as it gets around here, at least for now!

My apartment tour 2008

P.S. I realize there is plenty of room for improvement, so please feel free to make suggestions!

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

Old 04-30-2008, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionTigerBear View Post
Well, it's not perfect, but this is about as good as it gets around here, at least for now!

My apartment tour 2008

P.S. I realize there is plenty of room for improvement, so please feel free to make suggestions!
Good for you! It feels great to reach a goal, doesn't it? The tulips on the wall in your kitchen totally brought me back to my childhood, we had those in our kitchen when I was a kid!

SAM, momma to 3 beautiful babies: Tristan (5), Gabriel (4) , & Brighton (2)

Old 05-01-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeellh View Post
I'll take that challenge!

Okay, I already started before I saw this, but....

We're in the process of setting up a silent auction of all of our belongings

I feel the relief already and we're still in the middle of chaos
I'm interested in more details, please. Why are you getting rid of everything?

lady.gif
Old 05-01-2008, 11:18 PM

skylar, i've got a plan to have my sister come by. she is very organised and focussed and i'm hoping she will shape things up around here in under 3 hours . fingers crossed.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:54 AM

LionTigerBear, I love your space! It's very open and airy and light. I really like the feel of it.

My only suggestion would be a different arrangement of the pictures over the couch!

Anyway, thanks for sharing!
Old 05-03-2008, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you everyone! I agree that pictures need to be . . . . done differently. I want some new pictures and some new frames, and then I'll rearrange them.

I also want to put new curtains in the bedroom and kitchen. And some new rugs.

I'd like to find a way to incorporate more mirrors into the apartment, too. Still figuring that out. I'm thinking maybe one or a set of mirrors on the hall wall.

Just musing aloud here.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

Old 05-03-2008, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artparent View Post
skylar, i've got a plan to have my sister come by. she is very organised and focussed and i'm hoping she will shape things up around here in under 3 hours . fingers crossed.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you! My sister really helped me out (mostly by entertaining the kids!) which kept me able to focus on what I was doing.
Today I hung the curtians on one window. I have to sew the other ones so they will go up tonight!
Old 05-04-2008, 02:29 PM

It looks great! Really good job! I have a suggestion, the space between your oven and your counter, could something go there? I have seen thin shelving, etc. for storage. Maybe you don't need any more storage, but if you do, that seems like an unused space! Of course that is very minimal but just something I spotted. Oh and changing that one light bulb in the bathroom that is different. !!!! Wonderful job! You've inspired me.

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

Old 05-05-2008, 11:28 PM

Finally! I have gotten the kitchen to a point where I can deem it postable! I'm so excited! This is what it looked like Before and This Another view and Last Kitchen sink
I am so proud (Except ignore that one curtain I can't find the red thread to finish it!) view of the stove new view of the sink door to the garage Microwaves new home and the sink again!!

I will post the rest of the pictures as I go along! Living room is done I'm just too tired to take new pictures!
Old 05-05-2008, 11:44 PM

It looks great Erin, I love your white board message!

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

Old 05-06-2008, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Oh my goodness Erin! That is gorgeous! I can't believe how much improvement you made in your kitchen! Just amazing!

Old 05-06-2008, 09:27 PM

Thank you! The message now should read "Thank You MDC" because I've found so much inspiration from reading these boards! Lion I have a question for you... What do you do for your plant? It looks so good! Mine looks like its been lunched on by cats. Oh wait it has been! Do you give it any kind of food or anything? I'm trying to get my entire apt postable but its really slow going. Soon it will look as good as yours! (BTW the slide on your sofa brings back soooo many memories )
Old 05-19-2008, 01:35 AM

so, my sister is an angel, and visited us twice to help out with organising. with an injured foot!! she first helped with toys, sorting, doing a new rotation for springtime until next autumn/winter. we've actually got more space than we need for the primary item around here, playmobil. or perhaps books are primary. at any rate, they are all sorted!! i actually have a couple of open spaces that i'm going to think about what should go there, for while, and a few small empty drawers. fabulous! my tall girl and i labeled as much as possible, so that we know what to put where...i'd like to continue this so that babysitters know too! but i ran out of labels

she made some suggestions for how to not have our games shelf drop boxes on our heads, and i was able to research some for a while and remembered when i used to store them sideways, so i did that. i'm so pleased with it - it isn't perfect, but i'll post a pic anyway. i can see that it will be easy to maintain.

next we looked at the nightmare that is 4 people in a tiny 2 bedroom apartment without a storage locker, just a very awkward L-shaped closet, and some corners. my next plan of action is to get another bookshelf to house some of the business materials and magazine collections around here (not mine!!) and get some kind of set of drawers that has legs or i can put legs onto, to stand in an unused corner and house stuff for my partner's business. then, to get a unit for the bathroom to hold some things i've got in said storage closet, and find other places for things in there...then get rid of the TERRIBLE gorm ikea shelf in there, and install lots of hooks instead, possible some high shelving, and just leave the deep shelf. this last bit may need some thought!

at any rate, some of this could relieve the pressure on us, living here. i would like to do some very ruthless decluttering and see if we can function here longer that way.

the other thing we may reconsider is having bunk beds at all. we have a family bed and everyone is happy there, whereas we really need the play space/studio space.

i hope to post pictures, but we'll see how it goes.

anyone else feeling inspired?

User Tag List