how small (apartment) would you go with 3 kids? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 03-16-2008, 11:25 PM
PJJ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
it is lovely for maybe three, but 4 and an occasional dh, i would considr a 2 bdrm.

I think the style is clouding the practicality.

Good luck in deciding!
#32 of 36 Old 03-17-2008, 12:53 AM

It looks roomy enough to make a room patrician that can act as the kid's room. I think it's doable. It's bigger than our 2 bedroom apartment and we also have 3 kids.

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#33 of 36 Old 03-17-2008, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UUMom View Post
I would also reconsider air mattresses as permanent beds...they aren't that comfy, and they don't really lend themselves to children snuggling up and reading in your arms...they are hard to sit on, ime. And kids really do like jumping on them,. and unlike beds, don't stand up as well to jumping...
Instead, I would definitely consider 4" thick rollable foam mattresses that can be laid out side-by-side. They are comfortable, cheap, durable, and easily stowable in a closet or stacked. You could make covers that function as a sheet that are easily removable for washing (obviously any colour or print). We have some mattresses like that for guests that my children *love* playing with and making forts out of. I wouldn't have any problem sleeping on them every night and have considered using them as a more comfortable version of the futon concept. To join them together, you can make loops out of ribbon that join adjacent mattresses together like this.

Dows Lake and Experimental Farm areas (4501 and 4505) in "Ottawa West" are lovely and quiet.

If possible, I would wait a month or two when more homes will be on the market...winter still has a stronghold there.

sharing life with | 9.5 yo ds | 7 yo dd | love of my life new husband

#34 of 36 Old 03-17-2008, 01:55 AM

It looks cute, but I wouldn't do it... We're currently in a two bedroom apartment with three kids, and it's definitley not enough room for us.

knit.gifMom of Many  jumpers.gif

#35 of 36 Old 03-17-2008, 12:32 PM

We've got three kids (14,12,9) and we live in a 2-bedroom apt that is about 750 sq ft. We've been here about 8 years.

There are days that I hate it and others that its fine. Our only problem is that we have too much clutter. Once I get that under control, it won't be so bad. That said, I would love to have one more bedroom.
#36 of 36 Old 03-18-2008, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksenia View Post
Instead, I would definitely consider 4" thick rollable foam mattresses that can be laid out side-by-side. They are comfortable, cheap, durable, and easily stowable in a closet or stacked. You could make covers that function as a sheet that are easily removable for washing (obviously any colour or print). We have some mattresses like that for guests that my children *love* playing with and making forts out of. I wouldn't have any problem sleeping on them every night and have considered using them as a more comfortable version of the futon concept. To join them together, you can make loops out of ribbon that join adjacent mattresses together like this.

Dows Lake and Experimental Farm areas (4501 and 4505) in "Ottawa West" are lovely and quiet.

If possible, I would wait a month or two when more homes will be on the market...winter still has a stronghold there.

thank you, UUmom and Ksenia! i now remember we did sleep on foam before we had kids, and it wasn't bad!

i didn't know there are more houses on the market in the summer. this is good to know!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page