April Decluttering Challenge! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 143 Old 04-21-2008, 10:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have no plans on going anywhere for the next few days, so I have no excuses for not getting back on the decluttering wagon. My goals for today are to finish kitchen and bathroom.

Happy Decluttering

Jill

My Declutter Plan

Kitchen In Progess
Main Bathroom/Hallway closet In Progress
My bedroom Not started
Kids rooms Not started
Living Room Not started
Extra Room #1 Not started
Downstairs Hallway Not started
Laundry Room Not started
Downstairs Bathroom Not started
Extra Room #2 Not started
Family Room Not started
Garage Not started
#122 of 143 Old 04-21-2008, 12:12 PM

We hit the recycling center with a trunk-load of cardboard and paper this weekend. I'm calling it 10

92/200
#123 of 143 Old 04-21-2008, 01:10 PM

I've been away for three days and have not worked on my specific goals for the month. However, I had gone through some scrapbooking supplies back in late 2007 and collected a large bag of things that were very specific to the craft. On a scrapbooking getaway weekend in January, I gave away about half of it. On my getaway weekend (this weekend), I gave away 90% of the rest. I only have a few small items left and I hope to find new owners for these tools in May at an event I am attending.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#124 of 143 Old 04-21-2008, 04:20 PM

I'm itching for this freecycle stuff to get collected. Why do I always pick the people who take ages to fix a date?!??! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
#125 of 143 Old 04-22-2008, 10:35 AM

I didn't do a darn thing yesterday. I have mounds of laundry to get to today.

Happy Decluttering

Jill

My Declutter Plan

Catch up on laundry In Progress
Kitchen In Progess
Main Bathroom/Hallway closet In Progress
My bedroom Not started
Kids rooms Not started
Living Room Not started
Laundry Room Not started
Family Room Not started
Garage Not started
#126 of 143 Old 04-22-2008, 06:29 PM

Okay well freecyclers collected my double stroller and I have everything crossed that the kids clothes, toys and bike will get collected by 2 other freecyclers tomorrow.......

I decluttered my box of files from my little WAH clerking job and got rid of hundreds of papers However, this was because I have to do a financial audit so that will have to take priority now because it has to be done by 13/06 and I am due a baby some time pretty soon!

So, I may not progress much on the declutter for the next few weeks, we;ll see. I hope this baby is staying put for at least another fortnight - he/she does not have anything organised for him/her!
#127 of 143 Old 04-23-2008, 10:25 AM

I tackled some laundry yesterday, but not nearly as much as I should have. Today is laundry and get in to kitchen again.

Happy Decluttering

Jill

My Declutter Plan

Kitchen In Progess
Main Bathroom/Hallway closet Not Started
My bedroom Not started
Kids rooms Not started
Living Room Not started
Laundry Room Not started
Family Room Not started
Garage Not started
#128 of 143 Old 04-23-2008, 10:29 AM

Well I am so happy. I have had 10 bags of stuff to give away and yesterday donated them all to an upcoming charity yard sale!! Whew-now I can start again but it was really weighing me down to do part of the decluttering but then not get those bags out the door.

I have done some work in my kitchen this month but not as much as I had hoped-but a few things are gone and it is looking better ingeneral every day instead of just once in a while.
#129 of 143 Old 04-23-2008, 04:51 PM

Well the bike and toys have gone but the freecyclers have let me down with the clothes collection............
#130 of 143 Old 04-24-2008, 10:24 AM

Once again I got absolutely nothing done. We will be gone most of the day today, but I hope to get something done this evening.

Happy Decluttering

Jill

My Declutter Plan

Kitchen In Progess
Main Bathroom/Hallway closet Not Started
My bedroom Not started
Kids rooms Not started
Living Room Not started
Laundry Room Not started
Family Room Not started
Garage Not started
#131 of 143 Old 04-24-2008, 01:48 PM

I've been lurking but want to join in!

I've got so much to do(sigh)but am planning a HUGE garage sale with my Mom in June!

Kitchen: almost done
Pantry area: in progress
Dining room:almost done
Living room:almost done

For now I'm just thinking downstairs, one floor at a time! We live in a 100yr+house with basement, 1st floor, 2nd floor, and 3rd floor.

The basement lurks and is a total disaster! But I will do it, yes I will! Glad to have this thread, it's motivating and inspiring!

Wife to DH(15 years)and Mama to: Jacob(5/02)kid.gifribbonpurple.gif, and Alina(7/07)energy.gifI luxlove.gifbellyhair.gif
#132 of 143 Old 04-25-2008, 12:07 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I'm slowing down but still on board. I've now shipped 76/100 13-gallon bags to Goodwill. (100 is my goal, which is subject to increase). I like to imagine all 76 of those bags piled up together in my living room. I have freed myself of THAT MUCH SQUARE FOOTAGE!! :

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#133 of 143 Old 04-28-2008, 09:42 AM

Oh I am so frustrated! Freecyclers have kept me waiting for over a week for collection on a big bag of stuffed toys plus two bags of kids clothes. I should be more assertive I know but somehow I always seem to choose the wrong people. The girl with the clothes has had stuff from me before and never not turned up, but she didn't come.

I have a charity coming to collect the clothes this afternoon but they won't take the stuffed toys so I need freecycle to take them or put them in the bin, which I can't quite bring myself to do.

Plus I just acquired a whole heap of stuff which has recluttered us up because I went to collect a changing mat from a freecycler and she offered me a steriliser, some breastmilk storage bags and some baby bottles. I don't use bottles so now I need to get rid of them! Why didn't I just say no?!?!?
#134 of 143 Old 04-28-2008, 11:54 AM

Well, after this weekend, my update is rather lame

2 pairs of shoes to my mom
stack of papers filed/recycled

95/200
#135 of 143 Old 04-28-2008, 03:02 PM

This weekend, I gave away a chair and a large box of clothes to our church for their mission trip to Swaziland. I also sold about 10 more books. I packed up jewelry and makeup I don't use to take to my sister, and I am going to go through my maternity clothes today to take to my sis as well.

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#136 of 143 Old 04-28-2008, 05:29 PM

So, two big bags of clothes have left the building! Woo hoo!

It's my aim tomorrow to get rid of the baby bottles I was given plus the big bag of stuffed toys.

I also need to declutter the car so that I can fit the double stroller in once baby arrives.
#137 of 143 Old 04-29-2008, 08:14 AM

[QUOTE=battymama;10969580]* Pantry done
* linen cupboard done
* master bedroom done
* craft/sewing room
* store room done
* Dh's desk done
* book shelves done
* garden and verandas

Getting there, but i doubt the garden is going to get done before the baby gets here. I bought a cd book so we got rid of all of our cd and dvd cases. that frees up so much room. The store room was a huge job, it is where we store all of our stock for our business so it took a while to get it organized.
#138 of 143 Old 04-29-2008, 11:50 AM

56 paper
2 cups
1 tin
2 broken toys
2 baby blankets
3 recycle

And to add from the last 2 weeks:
+ 36 paper
+ 6 old food
+ 13 broken toys/parts
+ windchimes
+ umbrella

123/300

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#139 of 143 Old 04-29-2008, 05:32 PM

I haven't worked on my specific goals since mid-month. However, DH listed an "extra" (let's not go there) DVD player on freecycle on Friday evening and it was picked up on Saturday afternoon. WOO HOO! It had been sitting in the living room next to the sofa along with the remote and manual for a couple weeks.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#140 of 143 Old 04-29-2008, 06:06 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
81 bags total.
5 sets of completely emptied shelves
1 overgrown houseplant with stand
Plastic toys that were Christmas gifts and have been around long enough to display in front of the givers. (I hate playing that game . . .

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#141 of 143 Old 04-29-2008, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick's mummy View Post
So, two big bags of clothes have left the building! Woo hoo!

It's my aim tomorrow to get rid of the baby bottles I was given plus the big bag of stuffed toys.

I also need to declutter the car so that I can fit the double stroller in once baby arrives.
Well, I tried to get rid of the toys and bottles at goodwill but they weren't taking any donations today...... typical! So am back at the will of freecyclers
#142 of 143 Old 05-02-2008, 08:56 AM

Well, here I am again.

We have decided to NOT go on our usual (medieval re-enactment camping) vacation this year, in favor of spending the time/money prepping our house to sell. This is relevant, I promise. If we are NOT going on this particular vacation, I can put ALL the tubs of fabric, costumes, paraphernalia, and probably even the sewing supplies into storage. The camping supplies are already in storage, but I can now freely make them even less accessible if that makes our garage less cluttery. It is likely we will skip this vacation one or even two years, so I can put all that stuff out of the way and get it out of my living space and not think about it again for at least a year, maybe two.

So now I need to move it all into the shed.

My Craigslist attempts have been moderately successful. Someone is supposedly coming today to buy three four-drawer filing cabinets from us. Yes, they would be useful SOMEDAY, but they are just taking up space right now. Yesterday I tidied up the garage so we can get the cabinets out today. When the filing cabinets are gone, the garage will be much easier to declutter the rest of the way, because the filing cabinets block the light to the most cluttered part right now. So that is a project for "soon."

Now that DH has committed to spending his vacation time on the house, I am more motivated to get the house ready for fixing and selling. New decluttering energy - I love it! Our target for putting the house on the market is Spring 2009, so we have time, but there is also a LOT to do, and I'm still working incrementally at getting rid of more and more and more and more stuff. We plan to live VERY minimally after we move, at least for a few years, and though I've been preparing for that slowly, there is a long way to go.

Amanda, mom to Everest (12), Alden (10-1/2), Ellery (7-1/2), & Avery (6)
#143 of 143 Old 05-03-2008, 04:46 PM

Feeling great today.

On Thursday I got rid of the massive bag of stuffed toys to a lady who was pleased to have them. Result!

Today I have freecycled the fender and bucket from our fireplace that I never had the inclination to clean so it looked awful, plus a blind and matching cushions that were taking up space in my cupboard and best of all, a sofa that was taking up the whole dining room.

DH wants to replace it with an armchair for reading etc but I'm enjoying the sense of space.

I just need to find a recipient for the baby stuff now plus a bag of paperbacks and a few ornaments etc that we could gladly lose......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page