Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am!
#3 of 143 Old 03-31-2008, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
me too

this month my focus is going to be on finishing up the decluttering and organizing and finishing of all my little craft projects!

mama to DD (8/03)ribboncesarean.gif, DS (8/06)vbac.gif missing my sunflower baby (m/c 6/09), DS (6/10) vbac.gif, and DS (9/13) vbac.gif
#4 of 143 Old 03-31-2008, 03:45 PM

I just read "Clearing Your Clutter with Feng Shui" and I'm really Feng Motivated now (not sure what Feng Shui is, but her book did inspire me!)...

I'm not an item counter, but I have several "areas" that I want to tackle:

1. Downstairs Closet -- Finished
2. My Closet -- Finished
3. The girls' clothing storage bins -- Finished
3. Picture files on my computer -- Finished
4. The Filing Cabinet -- in progress
5. The Kitchen -- in progress
6. Cull some unloved books
7. The playroom
8. My jewelry box
9. The garage
10. The storage shed

My goal is to sell 20 items this month:

8/20 items listed to sell
4/20 items sold and out of my house

#5 of 143 Old 03-31-2008, 04:18 PM

I'm SO in, I've been doing this for weeks now and have been having a really hard time staying motivated. I finally finished the dining room and kitchen and I also did the girls' room and the upstairs bath. Today I'm working on the computer desk and filing cabinet (which I loathe). I really don't know how to keep my desk area organized, it's just so crazy! I feel like I'm alway cleaning my desk, I just don't want to anymore, I want a clean decluttered permanent space!

My other goals for this month are:
*The laundry/bathroom
*My bedroom and closet
*The bookcases
*Storage room
*Finish living room

I can't count items, but I can count trash bag fulls. I already have 20-30 and I'm going to aim for another 10 LOL. This is mostly stuff to yard sale/give away. I'm not counting trash.

On a personal note: All the stuff I used to love and feel comfortered by now makes me so irritated! I want to throw it away by the truck load!

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif
#6 of 143 Old 03-31-2008, 05:12 PM

ME! I'm going to include everything I did this weekend, because it was the beginning of my spring cleaning/decluttering fest
A friend was able to take a large appliance this weekend that we can't use in our new home, so that was a big space saver =1
Plus a bag full of clothes to the donation box= 30-ish

=31 so far
with 3 things waiting to be picked up from freecycle

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#7 of 143 Old 03-31-2008, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm in. I am tackling the attic this month.

I'm scared.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#8 of 143 Old 03-31-2008, 05:26 PM

Count me in! I'm not going to set a target of items, but I will keep coming on here to list......
I realised today that I don't need more storage in my home, I need less things!! So, that's my aim.
I need a dresser to be empty by the end of the month to store my new baby's things.

I also need to list some stuff on ebay and also organise all my unnecessary kids/maternity stuff for a big local sale mid month!

Look forward to keeping each other motivated.
#9 of 143 Old 03-31-2008, 05:59 PM

I'm in

My goals this month are

1) Cupboard under stairs
2) Bathroom shelves and drawers
#10 of 143 Old 03-31-2008, 06:03 PM

I'm in! I'm carrying over things from March and I feel like I wasn't able to complete all my goals. I really, really want to finish my garage!I think I'll make that a priority! I'll come back and post my goals later on today!
#11 of 143 Old 03-31-2008, 06:26 PM

I'm in too, for another 100 items this month. This month I might get to participate in a group rummage sale--I have high hopes for that sale. If I don't get into the sale (slots picked by a lottery) then I will have to start Craigslisting. Either way, I need to declutter in a major way. The biggest obstacle for me: paper! I have years upon years of old utility bills, etc. that I am finally ready to let go of NOW! I have set a goal this month for 500 pieces of paper.

Of course I still have like 30 items to get rid of for March, and lots of paper--I'm planning to do a lot tonight after the boys are in bed.

So for April:

0/100

And: 0/1000 papers

ETA: I weeded out 100 papers/brochures/pieces of mail this morning and after seeing what a pitiful little stack it was, and how little time it took me to sort it out, I decided to up my paper goal to 1000.
#12 of 143 Old 03-31-2008, 07:10 PM

I'm in! I need to attack that evil spare closet/room thing some more!

Jenny, proud maker of red things
#13 of 143 Old 03-31-2008, 08:10 PM

Count me in. I don't know if it's spring or what, but I'm ready to purge! I want to clean out our carport storage so that I can fit our bikes and bike trailer into it instead of having them be in our cottage. Which leads me to our cottage, it's crazy in here! I also need to clean out the boys closet. It's getting pretty jumbled in there too.

We just got back from a long weekend at the coast and I was amazed at how simple, easy and laid back life is when you don't have all of your stuff around!
#14 of 143 Old 03-31-2008, 09:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm in... I was able to focus on my Daughters rooms and the linen closet, my craft area and the family room this past month (march) (4 trips to goodwill )

My goal for April is to focus on the master bed room, DH and I closets and the laundry rom :

Pax, loving wife since 2001, Mother of DD1 (12) and DD2 (8 1/2). Entering our 5th year of Homeschooling: Eclectic mix of curriculum and child interest lead. Backyard urban chicken chasers.
#15 of 143 Old 03-31-2008, 09:55 PM

I'm in! We really need to make some space. Now that we have three kids our house seems to be getting smaller every day.

Going to start with kids rooms
then our room
then the kitchen

0/500
#16 of 143 Old 03-31-2008, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
I'm in. I am tackling the attic this month.

I'm scared.

sounds like it could be a good movie plot... :
#17 of 143 Old 03-31-2008, 10:31 PM

My goal this month is: my daughter's room. Right now, she is staying with her grandparents to finish out the school year (I spent a year in Korea and they (the Army) would not let me take her with). Right now, it is storage of all the cr@p that we have no place for or have yet to go through...Then buy her a bed.
#18 of 143 Old 03-31-2008, 11:21 PM

Count me in!

I'm starting some of my classes for nursing school in May, and my goal is to have the house decluttered and deep cleaned by then.

That'll give me a good 2.5 years to get things recluttered ;-)

Anyway, here are my goals:

-- Declutter every nook and cranny of the living room, kitchen, master bedroom, DS's room, guest room, 3 bathrooms, and both hallways.
-- Spring cleaning inside of house
-- Spring cleaning outside of house
-- Deep clean basement (it's fairly decluttered, but that is DH's territory)
-- Remove 300 items from house. I've already gotten rid of at least that many in an slow decluttering process I started in January.

The real challenge is I'm also doing the no spend challenge, so no nifty organizing bins or anything. I'll have to try and come up with creative ways of organizing!

Mommy to two super cute kids.
#19 of 143 Old 03-31-2008, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonomaMom View Post
I don't know if it's spring or what, but I'm ready to purge!
I feel that, sister!
#20 of 143 Old 03-31-2008, 11:54 PM

meee meee meeeee (imagine singing) I'm in. What will my goals be? .... I'll be back to post them in a day or so....
#21 of 143 Old 04-01-2008, 11:06 AM

I'm in again this month. Last month didn't go very well, so I'm changing my plan. I'm going to start in one room of the house and work my way around the house. I'll try to post my progess everyday. I don't expect to get all this done in one month. I started the kitchen yesterday. I cleared my kitchen island. Today I'm going to tackle the hutch.

Happy Decluttering

Jill

My Declutter Plan

Kitchen In Progess
Main Bathroom/Hallway closet Not started
My bedroom Not started
Kids rooms Not started
Living Room Not started
Extra Room #1 Not started
Downstairs Hallway Not started
Laundry Room Not started
Downstairs Bathroom Not started
Extra Room #2 Not started
Family Room Not started
#22 of 143 Old 04-01-2008, 12:32 PM

I finished the desk and filing cabinet yesterday I still do have to make dh go through his 100+ CD collection, 15+ floppy disks and 50+ pens, seriously nobody needs that many pens! So, he has 'til this weekend or else I will take care of it up

Today, I'm going to go through the dvds and underneath the couch. The the living room will be done!

Yesterday I sent one trash bag to the yard sale pile, 1 to trash and a HUGE one to the recycling can. I'll count the recycle and the get rid of bags to the tally making me:

2/10

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif
#23 of 143 Old 04-01-2008, 02:00 PM

Since DH is away on business this past week, I tackled the garage and completely purged and reorganized--amazing!!! And it was sooooo much easier without DH around

I also went through my bathroom and all the contents and had a full trashbag of crap to throw away. Ah-maz-ing. Couldn't believe how much sh&t I had to get rid of...

Tonight after work, I am tackling the master bedroom closet. Tons of clothes to go through and sort for Goodwill and this weekend will be going through ...

I'm on a roll, baby!
#24 of 143 Old 04-01-2008, 02:22 PM

I'm in, I started the playroom today.

Goal-
To donate/sell 2/3 of the girls toys.

I am starting in the playroom, then their room.

So far...
1 small bag of toys to go to donation

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#25 of 143 Old 04-01-2008, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We recently moved to a bigger house, so I am reallllly motivated to make good, productive use of all my space.

This month, I am working on the fruit room (cold pantry). So far, I have taken everything "removable" out of the fruit room, taken the paper off the shelves, scrubbed the shelves, walls and floor (but I want to go over the floor at least twice more. The former tenants must not have used the fruit room - it has 40 years of dust and dirt on the floor.)

Once I get the floor scrubbed, I can scrub out all of the cool antique wooden fruit boxes that I took out of that room and put them back in, along with the wooden crates, Rubermaid totes and plastic buckets I have waiting to be filled, labled and stored for winter. (Which will, in turn, make more space in the basement.)

Visit www.evolutiontosimplicity.blogspot.com to follow my epic saga of single mummahood....

#26 of 143 Old 04-01-2008, 03:16 PM

I am in also. I am trying to focus on one main room a month(this month- kitchen), along with small times in other areas. I just want to get rid of our too much stuff!
#27 of 143 Old 04-01-2008, 03:24 PM

I'm in! April is going to be my month to finish decluttering and move to maintaining. I've been slipping in to bad habits with the computer and amount of time I'm on it again, so I need to refocus.

In the last couple months, I've made great strides. The basement storage room and family room are done, the garage is done, the living room is done and the kitchen is mostly done.

This month I'll finish the kitchen, declutter mine and dh's bathroom, and the top of our fireplace. It is in the corner and has a large area on top (meant for a tv to sit on it) and it's a clutter magnet. I'd like to buy a big plant or something that will look nice there. Also, I still need to make several more trips to the thrift shop with donations.
#28 of 143 Old 04-01-2008, 03:34 PM

Sign me up!

Spice cabinet (It's huge) - organized and inventoried DONE

Master bedroom closet - DONE

Baby's closet - DONE

I'll add more things as I do them. I hate seeing a long list of things to do.
#29 of 143 Old 04-01-2008, 04:15 PM

Okay! I've made a start.

Decluttered 2 dresser drawers in the DS' room and have listed a pile of baby blankets on freecycle, plus disposed of various odd socks, slippers, a tie back for curtains we don't have etc!

Decluttered 2 further drawers in our bedroom and created a bag of stuff to donate.

Mentally identifying items to sell.

Yesterday I freecycled a load of pots from our garden.
#30 of 143 Old 04-01-2008, 05:32 PM

Yay, I just did two kitchen cupboards too!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page