What do I do with my old vacuum? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-05-2008, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got a new vacuum, my old one was OLD and just not working as well as I wanted it to. I'm sure if I did some searching and found new filters (it's pretty old, can't find them at WM) and what not it would work better but we got our stimulus money so I got a GOOD vacuum. A must with a puppy and a crawler, IMO.

So, I have this old vacuum.

The attachments are long lost and/or broken by the toddler. It still works sorta, just not as good as I want a vacuum to work.

No one I know needs/wants the vacuum. It'd be good for someone with short carpet, kwim?

So do I clean it up and Freecycle it? Or just pitch it? I'd prefer not to keep it around, we don't have the space for it and I don't want the clutter.

Like I said it DOES work, just not for long-ish carpet, the post-partum sheds, gravel driveway living, long haired dog owning, floor loving, crawling baby mama me...kwim?

WWYD?

Renae wife to J :, Mama to 4.5y/o J-bird and 2y/o A : and E coming in late Dec/Early Jan. My husband had a living donor kidney transplant! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2008, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'd offer it on Freecycle- just be honest about its condition. There's probably somebody out there who desperately needs a vaccuum because theirs just broke and they're just broke.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
Old 05-06-2008, 08:00 AM

leave it on the curb.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:52 AM

i had a really old vaccum that was an electric broom that was my grandmother's. i liked it because it was so light weight. but the switch broke to where you had to hold it in place to run it. DH noted it was probably a fire hazard, so i put it in the garbage. otherwise i would have offered it on freecycle for sure. people are looking for vaccums on FC all the time.

User Tag List