space saving high chair?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 05-08-2008, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can anyone recommend a compact high hair that doesn't attach to a table. Something wooden would be a bonus.

Amanda
Mommy to Alonzo (11), Jacob (9), : Lucas (8) & Trinity (almost 2!!)
#2 of 14 Old 05-08-2008, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
what about one that sits on a regular chair? That's what I used. dd didn't start eating anything but breastmilk till 10m, so she was already a great sitter and didn't need to be propped up, just something to make her level with the table. Ours had a tray so dd didn't have to be pushed up to the table, but I prefered just to have her at the table with the tray off.

mom to 14yr dd and 4yr dd
#3 of 14 Old 05-08-2008, 10:14 AM

We love our Svan. It is pricey but we will use it for a long time as it is adjustable for use all the way to an adult chair (although I can't imagine an adult sitting on it.) Comes in lots of different wood colors.

I got the infant tray and the seat pads at the time of purchase. The pads are nice and wash very well but I don't know that I would spend the $ on the pads again.

Ds is 2.5 now and he can easily climb up and down himself. It pulls up to the table just like a regular chair. This feature was important to me as we wanted him at the family table asap. Even with the tray, it pulls close.

The wood tray held up very well and still looks nearly brand new after a long period of nightly washing in the sink.

I have heard complaints about it not being stable but we have never had a problem and it gets used hard at our house.

Mom to DS, born fall 05 after ,,, wife/best friend to DH We have
#4 of 14 Old 05-08-2008, 11:26 AM

We love our Tripptrapp.

look here: http://www.stokkeusa.com/tripptrapp.htm

a bit pricey, though.
#5 of 14 Old 05-08-2008, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larablue View Post
We love our Tripptrapp.

look here: http://www.stokkeusa.com/tripptrapp.htm

a bit pricey, though.
We love ours too, and I got ours off Craigslist, yay! :

Christina, mama to 2 sweet girls

10.26.12 (HBAC!)
namaste.gif   neg.gif  sewmachine.gif   homebirth.jpg homeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#6 of 14 Old 05-09-2008, 01:33 AM

we have the tripp trapp but it takes up the same amount of space as a regular chair. If you can get to an Ikea I suggest this one I love ours but we had to stop using it at 18 mos because DS kept trying to climb out of it. It's compact and attractive (IMO).

Awesome SAHM to 5-yr-old son,3-yr-old girl and a baby girl. Blog about my home http://azaleastudio.blogspot.com
#7 of 14 Old 05-09-2008, 01:10 PM

not wooden, but I love it:

and it was 25 bucks. Both my children were monkeys and my dh is notorious for coming back from refilling his coffee to a child standing on the table or tray of the high chair.

We used it with the plastic tray at first when dd wasn't using plates. Now we've totally taken the tray off and push it up the table as a booster. I would recommend looking for a used chair (if you have nice chairs at your kitchen table) as it might rub up the top of the chair. We have a neighbor who was throwing out an old chair because the woven seat wore out. So we took the old chair and strapped the booster to it and it works great.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#8 of 14 Old 05-09-2008, 03:42 PM

I had the same kind they use in restaurants. Loved it. It fit under the table easily.
#9 of 14 Old 05-09-2008, 07:06 PM

we have the Eddie Bauer wooden one that sits on the regular chair, adjusts to two heights and has a detachable tray, we now remove it to put ds up to the reg. table. It is the perfect chair, pushes under the table, and it is great... was about fifty bucks at toys r us.

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
#10 of 14 Old 05-10-2008, 01:03 PM

We have the fisher price space saver one and it works great. Its not wooden and we got rid of the cushion part because food kept getting stuck in it. We live in a condo so we had to get the most compact thing available.
#11 of 14 Old 05-10-2008, 01:08 PM

stokke. hands down. love it!
#12 of 14 Old 05-10-2008, 01:28 PM

Spendy, but another vote for Tripp Trapp. I found ours for $30 at an antique store. I very nearly danced with joy.
#13 of 14 Old 05-10-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerc View Post
not wooden, but I love it:

and it was 25 bucks. Both my children were monkeys and my dh is notorious for coming back from refilling his coffee to a child standing on the table or tray of the high chair.

We used it with the plastic tray at first when dd wasn't using plates. Now we've totally taken the tray off and push it up the table as a booster. I would recommend looking for a used chair (if you have nice chairs at your kitchen table) as it might rub up the top of the chair. We have a neighbor who was throwing out an old chair because the woven seat wore out. So we took the old chair and strapped the booster to it and it works great.
We have this one too and LOVE it. I bought it at target. My 2.5 year old has used it since 6 months old. I just bought another for our 6 month old. Folds easily for taking with you too which is a plus. Can be taken on/off a regular chair if adult guests are coming over which is another plus (in our small house).
#14 of 14 Old 05-15-2008, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We have a wooden one I found at an antiques store - $25.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page