Craigs List tips? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-22-2008, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm trying to do some serious decluttering. I've donated tons of clothes, but I've got some stuff that I'd like to get rid of, preferably by selling via Craigslist. It's the sort of stuff that's too good to toss, but isn't really the type of thing I'd donate. Mostly it's vintage things like old (1920s-30s) tableware, dishes, china.

I've only had luck selling one item of the half dozen I've listed. I'm pricing pretty low, but have had no bites.

Does anybody have any great tips on how you sell things?
#2 of 2 Old 05-22-2008, 01:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have had very limited success with craigslist. I seem to live too far out for people to drive to get things. What has sold has sold to people who wanted exactly what I was selling so they were willing to come and get it. Like a certain type of eliptical machine. Stuff that is more easily found has not sold like a cheap almost brand new fridge. Because we are moving we rented a self storage unit near where we want to move to, but right near the highway and larger cities. I am in the process of re-listing items as located there. Hopefully I will get some bites that way, time will tell. Do you have good photos? Sometimes you really have to look at what you are selling and figure out who would buy it and where they would be looking for things. For example I sell a fair amount of horse riding apparel & tack. I list on craigslist because its free but I get a lot more interest by listing on an equestrian site. My husband has been selling some heavy equipment and has had interest from craigslist but no buyers. His buyers always come from paid ads in construction magazines.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page