Picassa Questions - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-25-2008, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I took the leap and dl picassa to organize my photos. So far I like it, but there are a couple of things I can't figure out!

How can I put some photos from a folder in a web album, but not all of them. If I am on the folder it wants to make a web album of the whole folder, but I don't want to upload all the pictures. Is tehre a way besides making double copies of the pictures and creating new folders? I really don't want to move the originals out of the folders they are in (I just use a date system for the folders, and I want to keep it that way).

Same question about making a CD or a gift CD. Is there an easy way to select some photos to burn to a CD from a folder but not all of them? I don't want to print every single picture but I don't always want to erase them either...

TIA

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#2 of 5 Old 05-25-2008, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

for the morning crowd

Mom to:

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#3 of 5 Old 05-25-2008, 12:53 PM

You could make an album with only what you want to upload or burn. This won't make a second copy of the photo. The photo can exist in more than one album.

Mom to (5) (9)
#4 of 5 Old 05-25-2008, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks I'll have to try that! Now to figure out how to make an album :

Mom to:

#5 of 5 Old 05-25-2008, 05:22 PM

I use their star system. If you look at the bottom you will see a little star. Click on it and it "stars" the photo. All the starred photos are automatically put into another folder called "starred photos". I use those to send to others. I just star them whenever I first look at them and that lets me always know which ones were my favorites.

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page