S/O what is your reason... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 07-24-2008, 02:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquesa View Post
The classic obsessive-compulsive thought uttered by PPs: "But, but . . . what if I need it some day?"
I so relate to this, and DH does, too. And now we've compounded the problem with "what if dd needs it, or baby#2 needs it"...

Ideas on how to overcome this problem specifically??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 37 Old 07-28-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarbebe View Post
you're killing me here! I lived in KS most of my life, and I have t-shirts older than 2004 (but I don't think they have the date anywhere on them) :
Acceptable!

Duplicates?
#33 of 37 Old 07-28-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarbebe View Post
you're killing me here! I lived in KS most of my life, and I have t-shirts older than 2004 (but I don't think they have the date anywhere on them) :
Furthermore, I'm about 90% sure that your t-shirts have sleeves. That they're not ripped off at the sleevey-seams.
#34 of 37 Old 07-28-2008, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof3boz View Post
If you are comfortable sharing...what is your reason?
Mine is usually because I dont have time to do so without distraction. If I really hunker down to declutter - my daughter will inevitably get into something she shouldn't or the dogs will come in and start hauling off with crap. Its annoying.
But I have been decluttering for about 6mths now - and my house is pretty damned decluttered now - all thanks to my having hubby take the kiddo out to jump on her trampoline or go to the lake etc while I stay home and work on it.
Now I just need to tame the clothing beast in her room (dresser over stuffed with clothes on top as well and the closet - seriously a 4yr old should NOT have this many articals of clothing!) and weed out the toys to prepare for Christmas this year. Thought this year I think we are going to ask for room decor or something. NOT TOYS!!

Loving Mother to our adoption miracle, Riana :, and our angel baby, Xavier. Trying for baby. Wife to my Hero! BLOG LINK IN PROFILE
#35 of 37 Old 07-28-2008, 10:44 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xochimama View Post
I so relate to this, and DH does, too. And now we've compounded the problem with "what if dd needs it, or baby#2 needs it"...

Ideas on how to overcome this problem specifically??
I'm finally getting past it with a tip that I learned in one of my many how-to-organize books. You have to ask yourself what is the worst thing that could happen if you get rid of an item.

Would you have to buy a new or used one? Rent it? Check it out from the library? Borrow it from somebody? Ask friends for hand-me-downs? Use something in its place? Simply live without it and move on with your life? Usually the "worst" doesn't seem so bad once you think it over. After looking at the decision in that light, only rarely have I felt compelled to hold on to something.

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#36 of 37 Old 07-29-2008, 05:27 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post
I see something and think of how much I paid for it and it seems wasteful to get rid of it and "waste" the money.
This is it! That's my main problem. Like somehow the money is wasted if I get rid of it, but if I keep it, I still might use it "someday" and make it worth the money I paid. How likely is this? Not so much.
#37 of 37 Old 07-29-2008, 12:36 PM

With the baby/kid stuff, one thing that has helped me is that I will sell it on craigslist, and I figure if I need it again I can buy it used for about the same price I sold it for.

Suzan, mama to DS 9-18-07 and #2 EDD 3/4/10 GIRL!.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page