What to do with my clothes? storage - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-30-2008, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I had a meltdown the other night when I couldn't find a place to get away from everyone in my house because we are under construction. The kids have their own rooms but really nothing is finished.

We had a room downstairs that was supposed to be our bedroom but it was full of storage and pantry stuff. The cats also ate in there. Dh moved a bed into it but really imagine sleeping in the pantry
Anyway, I got everything out of there that wasn't bedroom stuff and even managed to hang some pictures . It's a small room and we have a queen bed, one dresser, a tiny desk with a stool that fits underneath, and a bedside table. There really isn't much room for anything else except in this one corner where we can do built-in shelves. The room has a nice clutter-free feeling and bringing my clothes in could disturb that. If I put them on the shelves, should they go in baskets. How much of a pain is it to dig through baskets to find clothes? Should we just extend the built-in area a bit and do a closet that I can close?
I know, a pic would help but I just suck at doing it. Maybe I'll get inspired.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2008, 05:42 PM

I would only put off-season clothes in a container, but that's just me. I keep my off-season clothes in a suitcase. I need to be able to see all that I have available to choose. If you have the $$$, would you have the room for a wardrobe? Maybe you could find one on freecycle. Then you could hang some clothes and put others in drawers without a cluttered feel.

or: Is there some other room in the house that has a closet where you could store your clothes?
Old 07-30-2008, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

yes, I forgot to add that right now I do have a closet upstairs but am ready to stop going up there for my clothes.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How about some drawers under the bed? Basic wooden boxes with casters can do the job.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

User Tag List