No Motivation - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-03-2008, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're moving in a month and I have no motivation to declutter. We've done one room so far but that was a couple months ago when we first got the moving news and it was exciting. The movers are coming tomorrow to do a pre-move inspection to check everything out and the house has to be cleaned and I can't even find the motivation to do that.

What are some things you use to help give you that kick in the butt to get started?

Rebecca, CPST, Navy wife to Chris, furmama to Fenway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2008, 11:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I watch decorating shows.

or I look for something ...

Baby3 due in December, need to paint entire 2400 sf house before November, and declutter - because we're planning to sell the house early spring and buy an RV. Talk about NEEDING to declutter. What did I do today? uh. I washed a load of laundry, obsessively sanded the mullions on a pair of french doors for about 3 hours, and made basil pesto. Thanks to your plea for motivation, I think I'm going to go empty a box in my bedroom after I check my email!

I know you're in a bigger hurry than I am, but I also find motivation by deciding to empty one box - then I freecycle the things I realize I don't need.

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3

User Tag List