Should I try to sell my fine china? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-04-2008, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have the same problem, my mother bought me Irish lead crystal wine glasses that she found in a thrift store in London. She was worried that I would never get married and be given nice things from a registry. I am not a lead crystal person, I have only drunk from the glasses once. I have moved these boxes 8 or 10 times and now I have other nice stuff that DH and I got when we got married that we never use (love my Fiestaware ).

I got a quote from Replacements but then chickened out at the last minute because my mother bought them for me. I think if I sold them I would feel guilty. Maybe I will give them to DS when he grows up (he is 12 now) and pass on this obligation.....

Married to the love of my life, mom to DS :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2008, 04:03 PM

i would sell it.

i prefer to have a set of nice white, diner style dishes so its good for everyday use, and good for company-target has great sets that serve four for about 20 bucks, they are very sturdy and actually very nice looking and you can buy several sets to make up for large crowds without spending a lot!

Heavily tattooed and Dready Mama to my girls. YES we are STILL NURSING! love to and
Old 10-16-2008, 04:15 PM

I'm new at this so excuse me if I make mistakes. I read the responses to whether or not you should sell your fine china and I want to do just that. Any suggestions on how to go about selling your fine china? Sheeba
Old 10-16-2008, 06:51 PM

Craigslist. Replacements.com or ebay are good places to start.

Happy wife to DH superhero.gifand mama to DS signcirc1.gif11/05 and DD energy.gif8/07.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:58 PM

Sell it! If it's just been in a box, better to let it go to someone whose life has a place for it.

Personally, I don't like fine china. It takes up space, is only used once in a while and is pricey. I loooove my basic porcelain Crate and Barrel dinnerware. It's simple yet elegant and fine for daily use or special occassions.

If you don't sell it, use it! Use it for everyday and just put it in the dishwasher. The gold (if it has gold) will slowly wear off, but hey, at least it'll be getting some use.

good luck!

Mom to DD1 (11/1999),  DD2 (07/2003), and DS (11/2012), all born at home and cloth diapered. 

Old 10-16-2008, 10:34 PM

I have tried to sell china on craigslist and not gotten much bites, ebay worked best for that as there are enough buyers interested in my specific china pattern.

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)

User Tag List