DOS This Week - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-28-2008, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I really liked the idea of Suzmama's Get a Grip thread, but today's my day to do nothing and I work better having a list to whittle away at over time, so what does everyone want to Declutter, Organize or Simplify this week -- to be done Monday the 29th - October 5th. Mark as completed or at the end of the week...

Ready, set... DOS!!

My GOALS

1. organize linen closet which also doubles as games cupboard -- games moving out -- DONE

2. clean off top of fridge & shelf/cupboard above stove -- my equivalent of a junk drawer...

3. help my girls clean their room and go through all their stuff so that I can re-arrange their room to make more play space in preparation for winter

4. re-arrange my laundry room to make room for a study/piano room for the girls

yikes!!!

good luck everyone!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2008, 11:24 PM

I need to:

- Finish my laundry. I am SO behind because our washer has been broken for a few days, and that means LOADS of clothes to clean.

- Really implement my new routine, so I can stay on top of things.

- Focus on meal planning...and follow through.

That's it. I've been catching up for so long, I finally feel like I just need to maintain. I'm gonna do that this week, then start working on smaller organizational projects next week...like filing papers, organizing the art cabinet, etc.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:08 AM

I didn't get as much done today as I liked so I'm going to list things for this week:

Monday1. Clean the bathroom.(really needs the floor scrubbed)DONE!!Now I'm going to do the laundry!
Tuesday Night after pom poms2. Clean out the fridge. Just needs to be wiped down.
Wednesday Night after Ballet3. Straighten bedrooms. (change sheets and vacuum and mop)
Maybe in a few minutes!4. Bring Halloween decorations up from garage! I'm very excited about it!)DONE!!
Thursday night after pom poms5. Clean out Picture frame draw (yes thats what I said!)and make it a craft draw.
Sometime during the week 6. Find Dining room table under all the crap and make promise to keep it clean all week!Finally done and kept clean for the last 2 days!
Old 09-29-2008, 11:51 PM

Ok Laundry is done! I need to add more things to this list but 'm too tired and I'm going to go to sleep now!
Old 09-29-2008, 11:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Just my normal weekly routine:

Wednesday:
Kids' bedroom
Kids' bathroom
Office
Living room
Porch

Thursday:
Kitchen
Master bedroom
Master bath
Car
Old 09-30-2008, 04:15 AM

What do I want to Declutter, Organize or Simplify this week -- to be done Monday the 29th - October 5th? Hmmm...

Here are my goals:
~ Rotate toiletries throughout the house. This involves finding a new home (friend? neighbor?) for a particular scent that I just cannot tolerate any longer. It also means using up the rest of a particular shampoo and body wash, which should be completed before week's end IF I stick to using them. Done!

~ I've been slacking on the upkeep of our floors. The kitchen and living room and our master bedroom all need special attention this week. The first two involve organizing and simplifying certain projects spread out in those rooms. The living room got taken care of and the other two still need attention.

~ Wednesday used to be my project day. This school year, though, Tuesday has become my project day more often thus far. This week, neither day has the appropriate time frame to devote to it. I need to work on a project anyway and just break it up across both days (T-AM & W-PM). Several relatives and friends are counting on me doing photo-related things for them and that is my usual "first Wednesday of the month" project. My photo project involves organizing all of our 12,xxx digital pictures a little at a time...Other things have become more important and this project is on the backburner for now.

~ Assist DH in organizing his "stuff" in the family office. He has done a remarkable job of decluttering and pulling it all together into "like items" groups. Now he is "stuck", so I am helping him organize the remaining items. We did most of this and just have some minor stuff left.

~ Before Friday's quilting class, I need to declutter and organize my UFOs (unfinished objects) and pull together the needed supplies in order to finish a few worthy of such attention. I didn't end up going to class on Friday and also didn't organize the UFOs. I have a previous engagement this Friday, as well, so this task is on hold for a week or more.

~ I also need to maintain the critical daily habits of keeping the kitchen clean and doing a load of laundry daily. I've missed a few of those each due to overload last week. I'm getting these done again.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

Old 10-01-2008, 11:54 PM

Well, the laundry is all washed. And my husband just hired my 9 year old to fold it - all 25 loads of it. She does a good job, so I just need to make sure it gets put away as soon as she's done.

I'm not really that good at keeping up. I guess which is why things are always a mess. I'm gonna try though...

Meal planning is going okay. I made dinner since Sunday, so that's good. : But I wouldn't say its been an actual plan.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:51 PM

You know I was doing so well then MDC was down for a day and I forgot what I was supposed to do on Wednesday and got nothing done... Figures now my mom is coming on Saturday and I have to rush about to get everything cleaned.:
Old 10-04-2008, 03:30 AM

Well I am joining about four days late....but I need some accountability. Today I hung three pictures, cleaned the game area and bagged three bags for goodwill and a huge box full of stuff to take to school. Before Sunday I would like to:

donate, haul stuff that I got ready
clean car Done
clean carport Done
load truck and take old lumber to dump/recycling center
(maybe this is the bonus item)

in procrastinating I also got three loads of laundry and 2 loads of dishes done, along with emptying the million mystery bags that came out of the cleaning...if only dh would help me with loading the truck tomorrow...

Wishing you luck in the last days...

Old 10-06-2008, 05:14 AM

Well I did the dump run today....I am on vacation and then the posting really did help me stay accountable this time...I will have to take the donations in Monday or Tuesday but in the process I also decluttered the bathroom and mopped the downstairs floors...I am on a roll....for the first time in months!:
Old 10-06-2008, 09:21 AM

Great thread! This week:

- finish moving DHs office to the basement, get it set up, set up home computer there, too...no more laptop on the kitchen counter
- turn old office into playroom (paint, then organize); sort and get rid of a lot of toys

Old 10-06-2008, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

so NOT done!!! my goal was to have everything done before my mom & stepdad came to visit but then I found out that their visit isn't until this coming weekend so I totally SLACKED!! I did however for the first time in eons, wake up to a tidy living room/dining room/bathroom and CLEAN kitchen!!! that was worth slacking on my project list... I did do SOME work on the areas I was supposed to finish... but my goal for this week (before SATURDAY!) is to get those problem areas DOS'ed before my mom gets here Saturday!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 05:32 PM

I wasn't as mindful as I wanted to be, everything I wanted done got done, but not in any type of maintaining routine - more like crap, its the weekend, better get this done!

This week, I WILL maintain!

User Tag List