le garage? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-07-2008, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
winter is coming : and i'm cleaning out the garage so i don't have to spend every morning scraping ice and snow off my car windows.

our garage is not only a parking/storage space (is anyone's?). dh paints out there while the boys run circles around him. so far, just in dragging larger items out onto the driveway and sweeping the floor, i've found four nuks, countless matchbox cars, a boot, a sandal, a baby shirt, dh's t-shirt, three of dh's sweatshirts, and heaps of trash. this is a detached, unfinished, unheated garage, but it still gets a lot of action! anyway, i'm really excited about how nice it's looking and think it will be a much better studio space for dh when i'm done. plus, when i'm at work, my cleared parking spot will be a great open play area for the boys on drizzly days.

anyone else working on cleaning out the garage for winter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2008, 12:05 PM

We just did it last week!

We have an old pop-up camper that lives in the driveway during the summer that needed to be pushed back in. But the mess made it impossible. Nevermind parking the *car* in there I am pretty good at getting rid of anything we do not need so there was not a lot to take away. It all just needed to be packed up and put back on shelves. Water toys, baby pools, lawn chairs, the tents, gardening supplies, hoses, etc..... A good sweeping, winterize the lawn mowers, hang up the bikes, push the pop-up in and we were done. 2 hours of work and it looks like a whole new building.....until summer that is
Old 10-07-2008, 01:36 PM

I'm scheduled to be doing our garage this week... I'll keep you updated in how it goes. It is our garage but also our pantry and my sewing station, and it has become the dumping ground for all the "misc boxes" we haven't unpacked since moving this summer. And the last owners left some stuff in it too. Sheesh. Definitely time to help it out a bit.

User Tag List