It's Sunday, what are your goals? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-12-2008, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're not going to church- one of the kiddos has a fever- so I'm going to be productive around the house instead. If you're going to clean/organize/declutter today, what are your goals?

Mine:

Make a quick pass through in the kitchen- drawers, cabinets, etc. and purge anything that hasn't been used lately. Also the basket with the kids artwork, school papers, etc.

Vacuum and mop downstairs

Unload clean dishes, re-load dishwasher

Pay 8yo DD to clean all the baseboards in the house

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

#2 of 7 Old 10-12-2008, 01:12 PM

We kicked butt this weekend!

We:
*weeded the front garden
*swept the front walk and porch
*cleaned the back patio and picked up all the outdoor toys/gardening tools
*swept mopped the kitchen floor
*cleaned and swept all the upstairs rooms (and our bedroom looked like a post-nuclear wasteland, so that was quite a job)
*dusted all the bookshelves
*vacuumed the main level and the playroom
*did all the dishes
*set up a sand table for dd
*cleaned and organized my home office
*cleaned the range
*did three loads of laundry

Honestly, I don't think we've ever gotten so much done in a single weekend!

I'd still like to:
*clean the bathroom
*do one more load of laundry
*clean off the top of our curio cabinet (it's become a dumping ground)
*sort through one last pile of papers in the office
#3 of 7 Old 10-12-2008, 01:43 PM

we have a birthday party to go to, but ...

*wash all dirty clothes
*put away all clean clothes
*check the upcoming consignment sales in my area to see if anyone is taking maternity
*pick a time for dropping off my childrens' clothes in the next consignment sale
* throw out 5 items today for Goodwill

Catholic homeschooling mom of 5 - a teenager, a kindergartener, twin boys and a tiny princess. Follow the Adventures! 

#4 of 7 Old 10-12-2008, 02:03 PM

My Goals:

* Finish the laundry
* Clean windows
* vaccume the entire house
* Change bedsheets

knit.gifMom of Many  jumpers.gif

#5 of 7 Old 10-12-2008, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, thanks for the reminder- I need to change sheets, too! All 4 beds worth, LOL!

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

#6 of 7 Old 10-12-2008, 07:30 PM

I feel great! I got up this morning and felt like cleaning! My goals were really only to finish decorating for halloween, but I found out dd spilled iced tea behind the coffee table and didn't tell anyone so I wound up moving all the furniture and vacuuming and mopping the entire living room! I still want to clean off the dining room table and organize all the crayons and markers and such! So I guess these are my goals for the rest of today!
#7 of 7 Old 10-12-2008, 11:21 PM

Eh. We didn't do anything today....except lots of running around. And dh took the little kids on a bike ride. I sat on the computer while they were gone.

I did make a nice oatmeal and apples dinner and cleaned up from it, mostly. There is just something about oatmeal dishes that makes me not want to wash them!

Straightened up downstairs, swept and mopped real quick. Actually, dh did the kitchen and I did the living room.

This week I want to work on our bedroom. It has a couple bins in there that I wanted to go through of pictures/memorabilia stuff - I'm not thrilled with the idea of putting them down the basement, but I don't have time to do it right now, so they sit in my room. Because they are there, people take that as permission to dump other stuff.

Oh, and speaking of a dumping ground...the landing at the bottom of the steps is chock full of crap that needs relocating. I should do that tomorrow.

Otherwise, I'm caught up on laundry and every other room in the house is pretty much picked up.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page