The secret to staying on top of laundry:) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 11-24-2008, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I guess this is the same idea as buying all the same type of socks for each person. Our 4 and 6 yr old wear very close in size underware and unless you look at the tags you can never tell whose is whose and some of the tags are worn so you can't read them or taken off... was a real pain to seperate them. My solution was this time when I bought new underware for my 6 yr old I bought only Batman, I let him pick out the character. I went through all the small size underware for little guy and got rid of all the smaller size batmans now I can easily tell whose underware is whose, if they are batman they go in the big guys drawer, any other character they go in the little guys. Next time we buy the next size up underware it will be a different character and I'll go through the little underware getting rid of that character.

For socks when I line dry I hang them up side by side in pairs so taking them down they are already matched.
#32 of 35 Old 11-24-2008, 05:35 PM

I had an epiphany about folding and now i actually don't fold very much. the only things i fold are pants and some shirts of mine and dh. if its really prone to wrinkles, i just hang it.

kids clothes--i mean i really dont care if they have some wrinkles and they actually dont get that wrinkled in their drawers. i throw dd's clothes in one pile, ds' in another, and they just cram them in their drawers. i sure as heck dont fold diapers--they get thrown on the shelf.

i dont fold towels or sheets, i put them in the closet unfolded.
i dont fold a lot of my clothes--like t shirts, underwear, etc. i mean, the t shirts dont get that wrinkled and i dont really care if they are.

we dont use paper towels, only reusable cloth rags, and i have to wash like 10 of these a day, and i dont fold them when i put them away either. they are just going to get pulled out and used to clean something up, so who cares if they are folded?

this wouldnt work for the kind of person who cant handle opening their linen closet and just seeing wadded balls of sheets instead of nicely folded squares that are all symmetrical but i seriously dont care and cant spend my life folding things that no one but me and dh will see being a bit wrinkled.

L married to J 8 years. Parents to 6 y.o. dd and 3 y.o. ds :nana
Veggie Family
#33 of 35 Old 11-24-2008, 05:59 PM

My biggest goal after I finish with school this semester is to sort through all my clothes and donate, donate, donate! I've decided to cut my wardrobe down to work and casual basics, and I can't buy something new unless I yard sale it away or donate it.

I have piles of clean clothes I don't wear that much, so I figured if I donate them I don't have to store them....and probably won't miss them that much. That would greatly cut down on the number of clean clothes I have lying around in the house.

Plus, I don't know what sort of living situation I'll be in next year when I move, so I have to prepare to be in a 2 BR apartment for at least a while. I live in a 3 BR house with walk-in closets now. I still haven't figured out how I'm going to manage that scale down!
#34 of 35 Old 11-25-2008, 01:39 AM

1) DH does ALL his own laundry to completion, nothing below is about him

2) Me and the kids don't own anything that has to be ironed

3) My two youngest have 3 sets of the same winter uniform: tights (no socks to match!), sweatpants, a turtle neck, an over dress (short sleeve) and a sweater. That's it, all their summer clothes are put away, and everything is so comfy that they sleep in it too, so no pj's.

4) My oldest daughter is out of control, there is no end in site.

5) I don't fold anything, ever. I don't hang anything up, ever. Everyone's clothes get thrown into their basket in the family closet. We just live out of the baskets.

6) So yeah, we have the comfy, pajama-y look going on.

7) I still can't say that any of this actually works. There are clothes everywhere, all the time.
#35 of 35 Old 11-25-2008, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
5) I don't fold anything, ever. I don't hang anything up, ever. Everyone's clothes get thrown into their basket in the family closet. We just live out of the baskets.
I like the sound of that!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page