one weary mother winter - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-06-2010, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
it has been quite a long, snowy, winter for us in the normally sunshiney southwest. Less work and more time indoors for everyone, and everyone in town is a bit touchy.
So I'm not sure how we do this year after year. It's the beginning of March, all of my stores are low, bank account at zero. I am so tired and grouchy with everyone and everything. The roosters seem louder, the dogs I am sure are shedding. The mud is so deep and of course they call for more snow tomorrow.
I am just wintered out. I am lonely and ready for this little town of 180 to reach its full size of 220, the extra 40 people can make a difference you know.
My kids have cabin fever, my 13 yr old is homeschooling and hormonal, my 5 yr old son is literally bouncing off the walls.
Yikes. I want some spinach and a stiff drink.
I literally jump for joy at a red pepper.
DH still won't start making money on the farm for at least a month, no gas and no treats!! Wah!! I just want to whine and whine.
So if y'all want to move to the country, just remember March.
I'll post again in July
Thx for listening
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2010, 02:14 AM

It's the mud that gets to me.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Yep. Woke up to 4 inches of fresh snow, I miss my garden so much right now, but a nieghbor is bringing us fresh greens from the store and a corned beef for st paddys day, that will be glorious.
At least my pleasures are simple these days.
So stuck in my sweet little valley till the plow comes, maybe today maybe tomorrow. My daughter is definitely stuck at a ranch down south till tomorrow. She's happy to be with her friend though and perhaps will come home more cheerful.
Still fantasizing about that stiff drink.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:24 PM

I hear ya on the mud. For us it's not usually snow, but the mud just bites. We live at the bottom of a hill and get runoff from the neighbors....for like a week after it even sprinkles. We were suppose to spend most of the day repairing/improving a brooder for our chicks on Friday and putting up the hog pen for the pigs next weekend. We ended up putting out 400 paver stones in the slippery deep mud and trenching to divert the water flow instead. In the cold rain. And the mud. Did I mention the mud? And it's about to be the rainy season for us.

On the bright side....we were gifted the paver stones. We put down 400 and still have to pick up 600 more. Gotta count the blessings where they happen, yk? And thank goodness we have a mudroom. It truly lives up to it's name. I'm thinking about just bringing the hose in. j/k sorta.

Feel better that you are not alone anyway?

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

Old 03-09-2010, 12:40 PM

I have lived in snow before and now I live in Louisiana. SNOW SUX!! But if you talked to my dh he'd tell you to remember August. When the humidity is so thick you could cut it with a knife, the kids whine constantly about being hot, everyone including the animals are too lazy to move, and your entire body is covered in mosquito bites.
But remember this. You could be living in the city with nasty black snow pushed up against the curbside, having to shovel your sidewalk daily and completely depended on the city to dig you out the streets and fix the downed traffic lights for you to get to work everyday. AND FYI if you're like me you'd probably still be broke.
Snow just SUX period. Go get that drink!

wife to an amazing man and mom to my 5 amazing children sd (16), sd (13), d (5), son (2), & caboose d born 11/15/09 and two goats but they don't have anything for that
Old 03-11-2010, 03:32 AM

God, I got a good laugh at your post Mamahart! I can so relate too! Hang in there sistah, it's right around the corner, it really is. (snowing as I say this) You totally forgot to whine about your back hurting from shoveling.

User Tag List