Alright. So, I am SERIOUSLY considering this off-grid plan. I have a few questions/concerns, though, and I'm hoping some of you mamas that are farther down the off-grid path can help.
1) How much does winter suck if you don't have electricity?
2) What things did you not expect before you lived off-grid that are now part of your life?
3) Piped in running water may be last on the plan to install, (composting toilet being firstish) am I signing myself up for a world of hurt, or can hauling it from the stream (at the edge of the property, clean and abundant) work on a long-term (probably almost a year) basis for everything from showers to cooking to basic consumption?
4) What am I forgetting?
5) What skills have you needed that you wish you had before you moved off-grid?
6) Why do I feel like this seems too easy?
Any and all tips are appreciated!