County fair this year - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-13-2010, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am just wondering if anyone entered (or plans on entering) anything into their county fairs this year?

Do you have a prize winning recipe or hint?

I am not sure what I am going to enter this year and I need to figure it out very soon, fair is this week

Stephanie married to Jerry  partners.gif  mama to  modifiedartist.gif (10) and superhero.gif(7) and 3rdtri.gif
#2 of 5 Old 09-13-2010, 02:57 PM

We've got about a month to figure it out and get stuff done. DD#1 and I entered some stuff last year. She won a blue ribbon for her drawing but I didn't get anything. I don't know how I missed it, but our county fair doesn't judge food preservation entries on taste ... which seems ridiculous to me. Are they all like that, or just my weird little county? 'Cause my cranberry preserves and apple-pepper jelly would have KICKED BUTT if anybody had actually tasted them.

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#3 of 5 Old 09-13-2010, 04:16 PM

Your county fairs are late! Ours was in August and State Fair is coming up. The kids entered artwork, vegetables, flowers, chickens, eggs etc. in a couple of fairs this summer. It was fun.

Eggs are easy to enter. We saved the best ones for a month and washed and sorted them by size and color. Flowers are also easy.

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#4 of 5 Old 09-14-2010, 01:35 AM - Thread Starter

I wonder if they don't try them anymore for fear of food poisoning? They don't look opened here either, so maybe I will try and pick out a pretty jar of salsa or something.

Eggs are a great idea, it would be easy. My husband likes to write the date on the end of them though, so I will have to have him stop, lol.

I think my son might enter a lego creation of his. We haven't really entered anything before, only once we entered two small pie pumpkins.

Stephanie married to Jerry  partners.gif  mama to  modifiedartist.gif (10) and superhero.gif(7) and 3rdtri.gif
#5 of 5 Old 09-14-2010, 09:09 AM

There's not a category for eggs here. (I write the date on the end of our eggs, too. )

The food-poisoning thing makes sense, I guess, but STILL. You shouldn't judge only on appearance. LOL

Our fair is in October because it's TOO BLASTED HOT to have it earlier!

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page