Vent- neighbor poisoned my chickens! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 51 Old 01-10-2011, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That is so, so disgusting...all of it, the poison for the chickens and on your garden. I hope you can move ASAP! :(

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

#32 of 51 Old 01-10-2011, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had a really good friend that was in an accident and was brain injured. After that she was a different person, totally unable to control her anger and completely irrational. I would imagine that some types of tumors could be the same. You are a good person for still managing to have compassion for someone who has done this to your chickens.

The real atrocity is the way it is being ignored. If it were me I would not get a gun, though. IMO that's like inviting more violence into your home...

Sorry this has happened.

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#33 of 51 Old 01-10-2011, 01:38 PM

Sounds like your neighbors need a visit from the clover fairy.

Y'know, since they like to trespass on your property, could you charge them with voyeurism?

#34 of 51 Old 01-10-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by confustication View Post
I struggle with how angry I can be at this particular man as he was recently diagnosed with significant brain tumors (the sort people only really develop when they work with nasty chemicals for long periods of time) and I know his time in this world is limited. I also wonder if that has influenced his judgment- so that while these might be things you'd consider when annoyed, he crosses the line to DO them when he otherwise would not have.

That's no excuse! If he's not capable of acting like a decent human being, then he needs to have a caretaker there around the clock.

A_Random_Phrase likes this.
#35 of 51 Old 01-27-2011, 09:15 AM

Well Make a looped recording of a longcrower crowing.  Play it load several times a day.  heres one:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-CZf0K9e94

#36 of 51 Old 02-07-2012, 07:35 PM

I've just been reading these posts after my neighbor, very similar situation except my husband is a deputy sheriff and I DO have law enforcement support....anyway...here's what I was told, If he poisons your chickens and they are egg layers, even if they only digested a bit of it, and you EAT the eggs where most of the poison is directed to, it is ATTEMPTED MURDER against YOU!!!  If you were to get sick or actually DIE he is responsible!!!  PLEASE be careful and I'm so so sorry about your babies!!  Mine are pets and are very much beloved by me!!!!  BTW I live in the South!!!

#37 of 51 Old 02-07-2012, 08:44 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)

You've just made me feel better about the folks in my good-old-boy town.  I am so sorry your neighbors are so vindictive and crappy.  Yeesh!

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#38 of 51 Old 02-16-2012, 10:40 AM

I find it hilarious that he is dying of brain tumor caused by the chemically cleanish life he so loves. I opened this thread because in my thoughts about getting chickens, I think of our neighbors, and what they might do. Now they cut all our (and the other side's) tree branches so that their perfect concrete yard is like a square of no life. They make motions to try and rake some laves out of their pretty concrete yard when ever they see me, as if saying "look how your trees are messing our concrete!" I'm thinking of planting a peach tree right next to our fence just to annoy them. I'm sure they would not eat them, since they are not from a store, so they would drop and rot on their concrete.

But after reading your story, I feel lucky, I'm pretty sure my neighbors would move out before killing my chickens, and I realize I should be grateful for the concrete, that saves us from herbicides seeping to our vegetable garden!

Glad you're moving!!

For those scared of accidentally moving to her neighborhood... I'm sure there are many in this country like hers, so, get to know your neighbors before you move in! We knew already at the time of buying that our other neighbors are likeminded, and that the others are not, but that would have been too much to ask we thought then!

#39 of 51 Old 02-16-2012, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tittipeitto View Post

I find it hilarious that he is dying of brain tumor caused by the chemically cleanish life he so loves. >

Honestly I cannot believe you said this. You find the fact that someone has a brain tumor "hilarious"? He may not be the best neighbor but NO ONE deserves to die from a brain tumor.
#40 of 51 Old 02-18-2012, 01:15 PM

sorry, you are right. It's totally not the word I should have used. not like I was laughing here about his death. But there's an irony to me that he is still so against natural living (this family having chickens) even though his use of poisons is not helping him much.

#41 of 51 Old 02-21-2012, 09:25 AM

That is just awful! What a terrible, terrible man! I'm am so sorry to read this. At least you are moving away...

#42 of 51 Old 06-18-2012, 05:15 AM

I take it all of you saying its cruel are Vegetarians then??? you never eat chicken dinners NO? LOL dont make me laugh! Well any way just saying not agreeing with that man that went into that persons garden.... but my neighbor has chickens two doors away and my joining neighbor has allowed her chickens to roam free in his garden but we shar an allyway, and there has been piles and piles of chicken POOP  everywhere where my kids walk  and no one has bothered to clean it up!  i think its downright rude and disgusting  and i think if you want to own Chickens   You should keep them in your own garden!     I dont agree with going in and putting poison down   But believe me  Ive put chocolate down  in MY garden to stop them coming into mine  because im sick of the S***T  they keep leaving behind  and they are not even my pets!    So  i can totally understand why some poeple do these kind of things... Pet and poultry owners  need to clean up their pets  everywhere they know they go  then maybe the other neighbor  would be more understanding! 

#43 of 51 Old 06-27-2012, 12:49 AM

I think Homeland Security is the answer! They've just secured a truckload of hollow-nosed bullets! Good luck!
#44 of 51 Old 06-27-2012, 07:43 AM

Interesting turn on this old thread from two brand-new posters.  I wonder if they read the thread?  There has been no mention of free-range poop anywhere in the OP's posts, so I can only conclude that DJAmanda's post was meant simply to harass.  

Surreal.

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#45 of 51 Old 07-12-2012, 07:23 PM

This thread is from 2010.

But now I am curious... off to pm the OP.  ;)

Resistance is futile Matey
#46 of 51 Old 10-23-2012, 11:40 AM

Now I feel a need to reply....

I'd have probably done something twisted like posed the dead chickens about in his yard. You know that scene in crocodile dundee when the kangaroo shoots the poachers?

random chicken sitting on his front porch reading a paper....maybe a chicken stuffed in his mailbox.....

But i'm rather twisted like that :D

rachelsmama likes this.
#47 of 51 Old 10-03-2013, 09:28 AM

I am SERIOUSLY thinking about poisoning my neighbors chickens.  She doesn't feed them and they come in our yard and dig it up down past the roots! I am sick of it she won't pen them up or put up a fence to keep them in her yard.  My yard looks horrible from all the spots they have destroyed!!!

#48 of 51 Old 10-03-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenw14 View Post

I am SERIOUSLY thinking about poisoning my neighbors chickens.  She doesn't feed them and they come in our yard and dig it up down past the roots! I am sick of it she won't pen them up or put up a fence to keep them in her yard.  My yard looks horrible from all the spots they have destroyed!!!

If you poison her chickens, I hope you are prosecuted to the full extent of the law. In fact, I wish the laws were more strict so that you would serve jail time.

Alternatively, you could have a rational conversation with your neighbor, and if that doesn't work file a complaint.

Chickens are chickens. They don't deserve to have a horrible death because of the irresponsibility or cruelty of others.

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#49 of 51 Old 10-03-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalia View Post

If you poison her chickens, I hope you are prosecuted to the full extent of the law. In fact, I wish the laws were more strict so that you would serve jail time.

Alternatively, you could have a rational conversation with your neighbor, and if that doesn't work file a complaint.

Chickens are chickens. They don't deserve to have a horrible death because of the irresponsibility or cruelty of others.

It's amazing how some personalities, without doing anything to remedy the situation beforehand, will immediately jump to poison as their solution.  I belong to a big chicken group online (and off) and I can tell you this is far more common than you would imagine.  Baffling.

BeckyBird likes this.

#50 of 51 Old 10-03-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSilver View Post

It's amazing how some personalities, without doing anything to remedy the situation beforehand, will immediately jump to poison as their solution.  I belong to a big chicken group online (and off) and I can tell you this is far more common than you would imagine.  Baffling.

It's awful. But I shouldn't have responded, because obviously some folks only come to certain forums to stir the pot. Not worth my comment! Ugh.

I am my town's "crazy chicken lady". I teach classes on backyard chicken keeping at the local college. If someone poisoned my chickens... Well, I am a pacifist but I can't guarantee I won't have some temporary insanity going on!!!!
BeckyBird likes this.

joy.gif

#51 of 51 Old 10-08-2013, 07:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)

Three cheers for us crazy chicken ladies! :joy

If it were a dog causing property damage, would you also poison it? I bet you would not, and would be appalled with the suggestion. The same goes for chickens. Don't poison them.  Call animal control if the problem is that bad. Or trap them--chickens are very easy to trap.

P.S. I think all pet owners should keep their animals on their property, even chickens. I understand roaming chickens may be a nuisance to the neighbors, but please don't take it out on the birds!

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page