We found a spring yesterday... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-19-2005, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
and it's about 250 feet NE of the house. Anyone know anything about this? Would this explain why the dumb sump pump runs all the time? Is this bad? It looks like someone filled it in with rocks a long time ago and now it's wide open. Part of me thinks it's awesome, and the paranoid part wonders if the house will sink in 15 years. It was not visable at all last year and now it's open about 6 ft. long, 3 ft wide and probably 2 ft deep (in the part that's open). Now what?
#2 of 2 Old 04-26-2005, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not quite sure what you mean. You mean a natural spring where water comes out of the ground right?
I lived in a place where there was one of those and there was a "spring house" built around it out of rocks too. There was no worry of anyones house sinking though. It had a natural flow like a creek that either the people living there had diverted where they wanted it to go or theyjust let it flow naturally.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page