Was it easy for you to find and buy land???? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-05-2005, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm getting depressed b/c Dh and I WANT SO BADLY to homestead AKA Live of the grid, and for the most part I have everything planned out.
Problem is finding land!
WE want at least 30 acres with woods adn a place for pastures and a GOOD water table, (stream running through with ability to dig a well near the house)

I'm not tooo picky but the problem is any land that size is almost 200 miles away from where I wanna live.
I want to stay in WI for many reasons, but land here is also REALLY EXPENSIVE!!

Any advice, stories, info, tidbits, anything to cheer me up please!
#2 of 2 Old 05-06-2005, 08:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, probably a compromise has to be made somewhere or take on debt....
We have begun our homestead journey - just purchasing a "silver bullet" camper and are heading up to buy land on Sunday (in Maine)... Now we wanted 10 acres with a stream, some open pasture and 75% woods, etc...
But, that would require debt or many more years of savings.... so we are settling for 3 - 4 acres, with or without a stream, and maybe mostly wooded - we will have lots of clearing to do..... But we will be debt free and we won't be waiting any longer - we have been watching the prices double in three year's time.....

We will go up on weekends and stay in the camper while we build a small off grid cabin and hope to be up full time the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Warm wishes,
Tonya

Simple Living, Joyful Homemaking, Homeschooling Mom of 6

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page