Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
subbing
#32 of 36 Old 04-20-2006, 11:27 AM

Dr. Mercola now has an article on his site about this.

Ulrike, mom to:
Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)
#33 of 36 Old 05-16-2006, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Just got this action alert to stop NAIS funding:

STOP NAIS FUNDING
Immediate Action Required!

Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) has introduced an amendment to block funding for the National Animal Identification System (NAIS). His amendment will probably be voted on late Wednesday afternoon or evening as part of the House Agriculture Appropriations bill (HR 5384).

This is a great opportunity to stop NAIS. If the funding is cut off, then the USDA cannot continue to give grants to state agencies and private companies to promote and implement the program!

Please call your Congressman today! We do not have much time to rally support for Rep. Paul's amendment, so it is critical that everyone take action without delay.

The Capitol Switchboard number (202) 225-3121. If you don't know who to call, go to http://en.groundspring.org/EmailNow/...61861&u=709458 and enter your zip code in the box on the left-hand side of the screen. Your Congreesional Rerpresentative's contact information will be provided.

Ask her/him to vote for Ron Paul's Amendment to HR 5384 to block funding for NAIS because (choose a couple of reasons you think most appropriate, or use your own):

1. NAIS will be too costly and burdensome for farmers and ranchers.

2. NAIS invades the privacy of every American who owns even one livestock animal, whether a horse, pet pot-bellied pig, chicken, cow, goat, sheep, etc.

3. NAIS will not protect us against disease or bioterrorism because
(a) it does not address the causes of disease;
(b) it does not address how diseases are transmitted;
(c) we already have sufficient means of tracking diseases and controlling outbreaks; and
(d) the recommended technology (ISO radiotags) can be easily reprogrammed, so that it is ineffective against intentional introductions of disease.

4. NAIS will greatly expand the government bureaucracy, at the cost of individuals' rights and the free market.

5. NAIS will raise the cost of food, while not providing any additional food safety.

6. NAIS has been developed by the USDA without Congressional hearings or debate, and without any real involvement of the tens of thousands of individuals who will be affected.

If you have questions about this action alert, please contact Judith McGeary at judith@farmandranchfreedom.org

Please call now. And forward this alert to all of your contacts, so that we can create the support we need for Congressman Paul's amendment!

Judith McGeary (Austin, TX Chapter Leader)
Farm and Ranch Freedom Alliance
http://en.groundspring.org/EmailNow/...61861&u=709459

If you wish to join Judith's mailing list on NAIS, please go to http://en.groundspring.org/EmailNow/...61861&u=709460
#34 of 36 Old 05-16-2006, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAF
I just read on the NoNais website that people are being enrolled "voluntarily" without their knowledge or consent.
I totally believe this. My kids were "voluntarily" enrolled in Indiana's vaccine registry simply because I took them to a doctor who was a member of the program (and they didn't tell us this, of course).

Isn't the government so 'helpful'?

Homesteading Mama to homeschoolin' kiddos London (10) ; Alexander (8) :; Holden (5) :; and Sergei born at home 8/18/08
#35 of 36 Old 05-16-2006, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saramomofmany
Here is a good article from Countryside Magazine about the NAIS.

Countryside Mag-NAIS article
I just got my first issue of Countryside in the mail today and there was a letter from one of the government agencies encouraging Countryside readers to not only keep an open mind about NAIS but to embrace it.

I would have laughed, except that I couldn't. I knew this person was serious.

Homesteading Mama to homeschoolin' kiddos London (10) ; Alexander (8) :; Holden (5) :; and Sergei born at home 8/18/08
#36 of 36 Old 05-16-2006, 06:56 PM

This steams me so badly. I currently have 20-something silkie bantams, but I hatch for other people, hatch for myself, etc. I have 26 runner duck eggs in the incubator and more silkie eggs coming, I give some away, sell some, etc...this is RIDICULOUS.

I seriously think the Bird Flu hype is a huge scare tactic to get the government in to ours lives even more. Makes me SO mad!!!

Wife to 1~Mom to 5 ages brand new to 12~Rural Mail Carrier~Keeper of 2 dogs, 1 cat & a flock of chickens :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page