decotating bed room cosleeping friendly - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-06-2006, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I live in a small house it is base housing on camp lejune (just in case there is someone on here that knows it is TT2 housing) anyway I cosleep with my baby (16mo) and my toddler(3) anyway we have a bland room but i dont want it too kidsy just cause we cosleep but i dont want it where they would get hurt either. Just wondering if you all had any ideas and ran into this and where i might find an article or two about it thanks.

vegan, *( . ) ( . )* wife to D and momma to peanut and monkey boy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2006, 09:44 PM

I'm assuming you meant decorating, right? I've been considering the same thing. Our bedrooms are super small so it's not like I can put much in there anyway, but I wanted it to feel cozy and a place for all of us. Currently we have a bed, crib, and dresser. So I'll probably consider just painting it a warm color, yellows, pale greens maybe. I subscribe to the belief that the bedroom is for sleeping, so we don't have computers, tv's,etc in there. If you don't want that in the bdrm either I'd stear clear of storing toys there too. I'm still considering moving the bed off the frame and putting the crib mattress on the floor. If I do I'll probably add some plush soft rugs and some more throw pillows to create a nice spot to read and listen to music before bed w/ ds. Consider what it is that you spend time doing in the room and try to decorate around those needs. Hope this helped, happy decorating!
Old 01-07-2006, 02:36 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Our bedroom is painted an earthy, desert color, very warm and relaxing. Our bed is on the floor, pushed against the far wall. I did splurge on a warm red comforter that looks great with the walls. We have our dresser and dd's dresser standing side by side against the other wall, along with a small bookshelf full of dd's books. There is a small nightstand with the alarm clock on it by the bed, and that is all that is in the bedroom, it is small, there is enough room to walk around comfortably but I couldn't fit anything else in there. We have 2 pictures on the wall, one of cliff dwellings (we live right by Mesa verde) and the other is a painting of a native indian with sheep, they look just right in the room child friendly but pleasant for adults to looks at.No rugs on the floor, we need some, our entire house is brick or mexican tile, beautiful but cold on the feet, I'll get around to it one of these days. The bedroom for us is just for sleeping, we don't do anything else in there so I wanted it to suit that purpose and nothing else.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:10 AM - Thread Starter

I would love to put my bed on the floor we had it that way in california when we lived there but this base housing is nasty. all the old housing has roaches and that is what we are battling so for me bieng up from them sounds good to me. but rugs would be nice. (we have that tile ontop of cement thing going on) anyway I love the earth tones thing but again it sucks with base housing you cant paint so all you can do is look at white walls and to me that screams hospital aaaah it doesnt make me comfy at all. anyway hopefully the will move us soon and we will get to have more room. the house is really small.
by the way i was actually thinking about puting my tv in there that way it would cut down on tv time but then I dont think i will that was a good point not to put toys in there and computers that is a place to relax and sleep not play thanks for all of your replies. oh by the way do either of you know a cosleep that would fit a 16 month old. we have a crib but we were thinking about selling it so we could put the money towards a king size bed but they are really out of our price range right know. we have to kids and both sleep in the room the bigger child is three and he has his own bed for if and when he decides he wants to sleep there.

vegan, *( . ) ( . )* wife to D and momma to peanut and monkey boy
Old 01-07-2006, 05:12 PM

If you can't paint your walls, what about going to Goodwill or some place like that and finding beautiful tapestries, or blankets to hang up on the walls.

Or "wallpapering" with starch & fabric, here's a link showing how: http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dc_fabrics_...373999,00.html and another: http://web.hgtv.com/hgtv/web/searchR...ed%20wallpaper

Or how about wall size photos. You could probably do it yourself, but here's a link to what I'm talking about: http://interiordec.about.com/gi/dyna...tonwall.com%2F

Don't give up and stare a blank walls...get creative!

Just as a side note: I used to work for a motel and here in California, they are required to replace the mattress every 2 years. Usually they just threw out the old ones. It might be worth checking around in your area, maybe you could snag a king size. Also check out freecycle.org or the local newspaper. Waterbed frames sometimes are free or cheap and they hold a mattress well, and comfortably, plus then you don't need a boxspring.

HTH

User Tag List