DH is driving me nuts! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-08-2006, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since we've moved back to my family land, my vision for our family has changed ... a LOT. Pre-move, I fully expected to retire from my job after another 20 or so years, have a little garden and a couple chickens, blah blah blah, typical story. But I'm really feeling called to work our land in a more intense way than I expected ... more than just a weekend gardener thing. I picked New Years Eve (I'm not known for my timing ) to tell him I wanted to talk about our plans for the future .... it seemed like a good idea at the time. He got really upset, said I wanted to just up and quit my job tomorrow (he's very much underemployed and planning to go back to school this year) and asked me if I wanted to "live off the grid and make our clothes out of tree bark." That really pissed me off, but we were able to go forward and have a really good discussion about where each one of us is at mentally RE our move.

Well today, dh was at the computer and I was sitting on the sofa with dd asleep on my chest, when he says to me, "You know what I said before about being off the grid? Well I'm looking at some stuff on www.lehmans.com and homesteading looks pretty interesting. I think we'll really be able to do that." You'd think I'd realize by now that if I just quietly leave a trail for dh and let him think he discovered *whatever* himself, that I'd get my point across a lot faster and with less stress.

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 01-09-2006, 11:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sounds like a night at our house! I do all this thinking in my head too and when I finally spring something on dh, it comes out sounding not as I intended.

Glad to hear it's turning out okay. Men are funny that way

Liz~A wife and homeschooling mother to two gifts from God!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page