My first fence - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 05-05-2006, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I Put up a fence around my veggies and herbs..we have free range chickens and they would of had a field day in there..My first fence all by myself....go me....I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!

M,partner to D,mama to Sofia (6/01), Madeline(11/04), and Quin(2/08)  Hoping for a tubal reversal baby SOON after the proceduremakebabe.gif

#2 of 13 Old 05-05-2006, 05:04 PM

: : Good Job!

Want to come put one up around my garden to keep out naughty deer?
#3 of 13 Old 05-07-2006, 08:50 AM

That's what I would have preferred to do. The dogs on this island are allowed to roam free and they would surely get my new chickens, so the fence is going around the chicks, and the garden will probably be in the open.
#4 of 13 Old 05-10-2006, 07:56 PM

Congratulations! What kind of fencing? I have a really hard time doing posts around most of our land because we have SOLID rock under us. I probably could've done the one around our garden (3,000 sq ft!), but dh and the neighbor did that. I do all the chicken wire, though. We seriously need to start doing more fencing here and there. We have our garden fencing (welded wire), horse fencing (barbless wire), and our chicken/guinea area (combo chicken wire/welded wire). We really need to fence off the remaining 1/2 of our land (1/2 is done w/barbed wire, which we'll have to add some strands to) to keep stray dogs away. I really, really don't like finding dogs w/a belly full of my chickens! : I cannot for the life of me keep those bunnies outta my green beans! I will be out there picking and will hear a rustle and see one hop off w/a bean in it's mouth.

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

#5 of 13 Old 05-11-2006, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

I guess i md=ade it sound wonderful ( well it is to me )
I used a wrotiron gate my dad made many years ago and chicken wire and i used tiki torches and just stuff that i had like sticks etc.... But so far it is doing the job. I took pics so i will try to get them on tonite. pian in my a** to get picks on this thing........

M,partner to D,mama to Sofia (6/01), Madeline(11/04), and Quin(2/08)  Hoping for a tubal reversal baby SOON after the proceduremakebabe.gif

#6 of 13 Old 05-11-2006, 01:49 PM

LOL, whatever works! We've done some rigging before, too! As a matter of fact, we had tiki torches holding up our green bean supports in our garden last year!

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

#7 of 13 Old 05-11-2006, 06:38 PM

Good for you! I think the project I am dreading most about our country move is the fencing...luckily my dad has a Bobcat with attachments!!!
Jennifer

homebirth.jpg<>< Mama to DS, DD, and a new baby girl 4/1! homeschool.gifmdcblog5.gif

#8 of 13 Old 05-11-2006, 07:35 PM

Oooh, you lucky duck! I'd love to have access to that kind of equipment. Well, actually, dh is wondering if we may soon. He is a new member of the volunteer fire dept. and one of the guys up there has a bobcat.....

#9 of 13 Old 05-12-2006, 11:36 AM

Congratulations! Let us know how it's working for you.

I helped my dad built plenty of fence on our farm growing up. It's good honest hard work. It would make for a good home business for some people, especially if you offer continual maintainance and inspections.
#10 of 13 Old 05-13-2006, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjordanjr
Congratulations! Let us know how it's working for you.

I helped my dad built plenty of fence on our farm growing up. It's good honest hard work. It would make for a good home business for some people, especially if you offer continual maintainance and inspections.
That is funy you said that. My dad had a fencing buisness. But his was more comcercialzed. He did chain link. Cool.

~~~ I am posting the pics of my cottage and fence tonight...

#11 of 13 Old 05-13-2006, 11:25 PM

Hey, that's cool. Can't wait to see the pics.
#12 of 13 Old 05-14-2006, 02:08 AM - Thread Starter

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...=9AbNmTFw3cMrK

Here are the pics of cottage and fence gardens and view. and the one of the window I have my little baby looking out the window .....and btw the cottage is a mess but i figured i might as well do it now cause if i wait for it to be spotless you might never see the pic

#13 of 13 Old 05-15-2006, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

my pics

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page