anyone have problems with their septic after heavy rains? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-17-2006, 12:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
this is the only place i know to ask this question. we have a septic and we have been experiencing an unusual amount of rain this past week (states of emergency was declared in both Mass. and NH).
now im having sewage leak from the pipe that our washer pipe goes down in.
i have to admit to being a bit ignorant as to what type of septic we have.
i am just nervous about whom i should call.
so many ppl are having so many problems with water..we are not flooded but i know that we cant use the bathrooms or water without getting this fixed, so its a huge deal to us.
any opinions of whether callign a plumber is useful for any reason? dh wants to call the septic person first. im just not sure.
i know i should be thankful for how we have come out of this week compared to others, but you know the saying "when it rains, it poors". no punt intended.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 05-17-2006, 12:31 AM

Hello fellow granite stater! My dh got to pack sand bags all night the other night for these floods. I hope you're avoiding the brunt of it. Anyways, my parents had a septic and it would flood the yard after heavy rains. It needed a professional to come in and fix it (I don't remember what needed fixing, but I think it was pretty expensive ). I don't think a plumber can do much, it sounds like you need the septic man. And definatly try to get him out soon, sewage leaking is not healthy at all! (although I'm sure you know that) I think the rains just exaggerated a problem that would have gotten worse down the road.
#3 of 4 Old 05-17-2006, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter

yes, its horrible...no doubt about it. i wsa just saying our problem pales in comparison to others. however, my babe is in sposies, our water usage has to be limited, and my basement stinks...so its not fun!!
#4 of 4 Old 05-17-2006, 05:19 PM

I just responded to your post about finding your septic....Def. have to call the septic co for this. Do they not come out and do inspections on a regular basis? Ours comes out every 3 mos....

Good luck!

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page